Fairytale Tarot (MRP) - Temperance

Master_Margarita

Temperance is represented in this deck by the Italian fairy tale "Water and Salt," which can be read here.

The tale of Water and Salt is one that I had never seen in this kinder, gentler variation before beginning to study this deck. The story reminds me of, but is different in important respects from, "King Lear."

In each case, the King has three daughters. In each case, the older two kind of pander to him but the third speaks plainly. Here the similarities end. In the Water and Salt version, the two older sisters are, although flattering to the old King, fundamentally good. They subvert their father's rash order and conspire to keep their little sister alive (as a youngest sister myself, I wholly approve of this plot development!). And the King comes to his senses and everyone lives happily ever after.

Therefore, because balance is achieved in the end, this card represents temperance, and Temperance, very nicely. The middle way, not extremes in either direction, is the path for us to walk.

:heart: M_M~