The company's decision about me -7 of wands- (I will update)

tarot_quest

Hi guys :)

I don't know exactly why, I often wonder if I will get job X or not (I am really not sure). So I did this 5 cards spread http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=166285

In position 5 (The company's decision about me), I got 7 of wands. The only thing that it tells me is that there might be a lot of competition, but I don't know if I will be *in* the competition, or not. I thought that this could be a fun exercise, because I will update this thread with their answer in not too long (I applied a bit over than a month ago).

So what does 7 of wands mean as a company's decision regarding me? :rolleyes:

barefootlife

To me, 7 Wands says that there will be obstacles - competition, as you said, that will require you to go above and beyond in order to stand out amongst the crowd. Whether that happens or not is up to you, but what they're looking for is a stand-out applicant, someone who not only meets their qualifications but perhaps exceeds them in either skill or attitude. If you want this job, you're going to have to kick some serious ass.

tarot_quest

To me, 7 Wands says that there will be obstacles - competition, as you said, that will require you to go above and beyond in order to stand out amongst the crowd. Whether that happens or not is up to you, but what they're looking for is a stand-out applicant, someone who not only meets their qualifications but perhaps exceeds them in either skill or attitude. If you want this job, you're going to have to kick some serious ass.

Outch! Then I am not sure I have a chance... Forceful competition seems to be implied with this card, as you pointed out. I know that I have a lot of nice skills for this job (and some competencies that other candidates probably don't have), but I am not that much experienced for this specific job, which plays against me.

Thanks for your input!

headincloud

Depending on the other cards this looks positive indicating strong opposition but you're holding your own, if this is the beginning of the interview process seems you'll go through but it looks to be pointing more at the process than the outcome.

tarot_quest

Depending on the other cards this looks positive indicating strong opposition but you're holding your own, if this is the beginning of the interview process seems you'll go through but it looks to be pointing more at the process than the outcome.

Interesting headincloud! So far, I applied and on the website, I can see ''preselection'', concerning my application. So you think that I might get into the selection process, like maybe at least getting to the phone interview step?

I will let you know :), thanks for your input!

Barleywine

Since the question was about the company's decision regarding you and not about what you would face in the selection process or how they view you in relation to the other candidates, I wouldn't necessarily see the 7 of Wands as your direct competition. One one hand they might see you as forthright and capable of standing up for yourself. On the other hand, maybe you come across to them as a little defensive and vulnerable. Which way the balance tips would depend on the other cards with the 7 of Wands. By itself, it offers the possibility but not the assurance of victory, so it's a little inconclusive.

tarot_quest

Since the question was about the company's decision regarding you and not about what you would face in the selection process or how they view you in relation to the other candidates, I wouldn't necessarily see the 7 of Wands as your direct competition. One one hand they might see you as forthright and capable of standing up for yourself. On the other hand, maybe you come across to them as a little defensive and vulnerable. Which way the balance tips would depend on the other cards with the 7 of Wands. By itself, it offers the possibility but not the assurance of victory, so it's a little inconclusive.

Thanks for your input! As I said above, I have some good qualifications for this role, but little practical experience under my belt. I agree that they might see me as forthright and capable (which is totally how I present myself during an interview), but they might also see me as vulnerable (in the sens that I don't have years of experience).

I drew a clarifier to the 7 of wands, which was Death rx. I don't know how to interpret it. I often see this card as a major but very slow transition. Well, it could perhaps mean that I will get ''there''(i.e. capable to fulfill this role) in some months/years?

Barleywine

Thanks for your input! As I said above, I have some good qualifications for this role, but little practical experience under my belt. I agree that they might see me as forthright and capable (which is totally how I present myself during an interview), but they might also see me as vulnerable (in the sens that I don't have years of experience).

I drew a clarifier to the 7 of wands, which was Death rx. I don't know how to interpret it. I often see this card as a major but very slow transition. Well, it could perhaps mean that I will get ''there''(i.e. capable to fulfill this role) in some months/years?

As someone said pithily in another thread, Death rx doesn't mean "NOT Death." It could suggest being unprepared for the suddenness and magnitude of the change. If you were told today "You have the job, show up here tomorrow morning," would you be ready for that?

tarot_quest

As someone said pithily in another thread, Death rx doesn't mean "NOT Death." It could suggest being unprepared for the suddenness and magnitude of the change. If you were told today "You have the job, show up here tomorrow morning," would you be ready for that?

Good point :) No I would not be ready! I would gladly do it but the thing is that I will need to drive to different locations (the company will lend me a car) and I am not used to drive. Knowing myself, even if it is stressful, I would totally do it. I never saw that interpretation before (being unprepared for a big change), but it makes sens in this context, big time!

tarot_quest

I thought about the 7 of wands a bit more in this context following your comments in and I read about it, so I would like to give my interpretation too before receiving the update.

I was a bit perplex with the 7 of wands for the company's decision at first because I already received this card for a previous interview in the position of ''How did I do?''. For this past interview, the competition was CRAZY (like 300 people interviewed) and I totally SCREW UP (I ranked among the worst candidate because I did not know I had to prepare for mathematical and logical questions).

However, I do feel that for the ''company's decision'' (regarding my current inquiry), I might indeed go through the selection process with other qualified candidates. As other mentioned, it does not tell us the final outcome, so let's see! I am excited to see if I will be invited for an interview, just to understand this card in this context!