The 10 of Wands Burden

empress's dress

omg i am so happy someone mentioned that threshold!

i often wonder if he is about to free himself from the burden? he could be kicking the stick/rail out of the way. or is it an edge of something? a threshhold? it's like the edge of a step but at the end of a ramp or hill.

also he is looking down and i can't tell if he is looking into the where the sticks cross or if he has a clear view of the ground right beneath him and thus has a perfectly clear look at that line/threshold below him and knows things are going to get easier after this final step.

and can anyone explain what the red cylinder thing above his left foot is? is it a short stick? that has always baffled me. is that another obstacle in the path? is that what is going to knock him over? is it his bag? what is it?

and i have always wondered if this line isn't a threshold and if his attention is right there isn't he going to have a clear path here on out. because the ground is flat after this step. it doesn't seem like it would be the first time he walked this path.

anyway thanks for bringing this up! that threshold/stick and that red thing at his left foot have always perplexed me. and i guess that is the point. it allows so many ways to read the card.

DJP

often questions are more important than answers in Tarot I feel :)

That's good, because, as a beginner, questions are mainly what I've got!

Thanks again for the insight.

cg3

I love your interpretation of the 10 of Wands. Im new to tarot readings/ interpreting and I was wondering if anyone here would mind taking a shot at interpreting a 3 card relationship spread I did for my partner and I. It was Rider Waite
Past: Reversed Moon
Present: 10 of Wands
Future: 4 of Wands

EmpyreanKnight

Ok, this is a guess, but maybe it's a recently ploughed field in the distance?

I think you're right, this is a plowed field. In one of my bookmarked sites, it has been interpreted thus:

Plowed Fields: "As we sow, so shall we reap." This is the prime symbol meaning behind the plowed fields we see in the cards. When these fields come in contact with our intuition in a reading, we should be mindful that what we do and how we do it is pivotal to our harvest. If we're lazy and sloppy (rushing through as the Knight of Pentacles is want to do) with planting our seeds we will be disappointed with the results. However, if we invest the time to plant, nurture, and grow our rows, we will be rewarded with abundance. Plowed fields are also a symbol of time - it takes time to reap our rewards, we must allow for germination, and patience is required as we wait it out for the results we are expecting from our labors. You can just barely see the plowed fields in the ten of wands.

Source

EmpyreanKnight

I love your interpretation of the 10 of Wands. Im new to tarot readings/ interpreting and I was wondering if anyone here would mind taking a shot at interpreting a 3 card relationship spread I did for my partner and I. It was Rider Waite
Past: Reversed Moon
Present: 10 of Wands
Future: 4 of Wands

I don't know if we're allowed to provide interpretations of actual readings in this sub-forum. I wished to help however, and you can find my answer in your actual thread here:

http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=5013688

wheelie

It could be the experience of burnout when everything just makes you feel tired.
The exhilaration of 5, 6, 7, 8 of wands leads to being guarded and over-protective, defensive (9) and finally what was once motivational becomes burdensome.

I'm sure I'm just rephrasing what some of you all were already saying.

There's a story of a person who accepted a free ride but insisted on keeping the burden on top of his head, the lesson being that sometimes human nature chaffs against accepting grace and rest, not wanting to accept the invitation for the weary and heavy laden to receive rest--the easy yoke and the light burden.

But the priests were supposed to clean out the old ashes and renew the fire for the burnt offering daily. They were supposed to wear light linen--no heavy wool.