Effing Mercury Retrograde!

PentQueen

Okay, a bit of a rant, and I would also really love feedback from others...

I've often read that during Mercury retrogrades that communication is frustrating because e-mails/texts/voicemails somehow disappear into some kind of black hole. I'm calling BS on this! I've noticed that most people just end up being super spacey and/or lazy with their communication during this time. What are your thoughts? I cannot stand the excuse that messages somehow magically explode in cyberspace...

Also, was anyone else here born during Mercury retrograde? I was, and I honestly feel it's a blessing and a burden. On the one hand, I honestly feel fine/mentally clear during these times, but I notice that most of the people around me start hiding out/stop communicating during Mercury retrogrades and like I said, somehow 'miss' messages and then don't take any responsibility for it. Ugh! It drives me totally nuts!

Okay end rant! Would really really love to hear your experiences!

Sharla

Oh don't get me started on effing Mercury Retrograde lol <aaaggghh>. And i was born during this rx, and im also mercury ruled being a Virgo sun, and don't i know it....its this planets retrograde that seems to effect me each and every time, i have BIG communication issues with certain people in my life during the rx.

Some examples how this has manifested: A few years back was a MAJOR one for me, me and my now ex, used to talk/txt all day everyday on the phone, then all of a sudden he just cut contact and didn't reply to calls or txts, even when everything was totally fine between us...i was in a right state because of it, and this carried on for two weeks.

I knew the dates this happened still from txts in an old phone, so when i looked back to see if it was a rx during this time, it was.

And he is also ruled by Mercury too, he's a Gemini....but just not sure if he was born during Retrograde as wasn't really into Astrology then so never got his birthtime....but now its the first thing i ask a guy, lol. {"Hi nice to meet you, what time were you born ?"} :D
But going on how he can be, then i wouldn't be surprised, as this is something i would do.

The previous rx last xmas....i had communication issues with a guy i was seeing, i was blocking him, unblocking him, being a bitch in txts, not replying to his txts, not answering his calls....and this carried on till the rx ended, and then we finally spoke and i was okay with him.

And this previous one, i decided to just randomly block someone on whatsapp as i couldn't be doing with speaking to them, and i ignored other peoples txts and calls too, i literally didn't want to talk to anyone on the phone via call or txt or even see them, i just wanted to do my own thing and be on my own....i didn't want to answer to anyone. And that's exactly what i did, and i felt quite happy doing this i wasn't depressed or anything, i just felt like i didn't want to speak to anyone i knew......THEN one night i had an urge to unblock the person id blocked, and to txt this guy friend id be ignoring too, and i thought to myself let me just see when this rx ends, and it actually was ending that day, i couldn't believe it....as soon as it was ending i was back to wanting to speak to people again.

So i don't look forward to these rx AT ALL.....i think maybe i feel the effects like i do is because i'm mercury ruled and mercury is rx also.

Also having mercury rx in my chart, this causes me to think and speak differently, like the words i have in my head that i need to say verbally don't come out properly as they should, which can cause me to hesitate between words ....i do a lot of this "and then errrmmm"<pause> *my minds gone blank*. Or i can't seem to be able to explain myself properly to people, or whatever i say can seem unusual to people, or i'll just randomly come out with the most bazaar thing to someone, or i can never seem to be able get my point across so i get frustrated and end up just saying it doesn't matter.

This is my experiences up to now anyway.

Village Witch

I don't pay the least bit of attention to Mercury retrograde. From my experience, it doesn't affect me at all. The only thing that does affects me is the full moon. I get serious insomnia two days days before, during, and two days after the full moon.

Nicalo

I can always tell when retrograde is going on. I always always always spill my coffee when it starts and then when it's towards the end. Also my people are much more moody around this time. And working with disabled individuals they seem to have more "issues" during that time. Also I need more sleep during the retrograde. Hope everything starts to go back into place after the full moon this week

PentQueen

Thanks Sharla, it sounds like Mercury Retrograde affects you pretty strongly too! It's interesting that you feel kind of pulled into it yourself and that you've noticed that. I've noticed the others around me getting pulled into it, but I feel pretty mentally clear and focused and I guess fairly emotionally balanced and it's like I'm watching everybody else lose it and I'm wondering why, from the outside. And perhaps that does throw off my emotional balance, haha. I'm just really curious as to why I seem to noticed this strong communicative contrast between myself and the others in my life around these times. Communication is really important to me, and in fact all of my jobs are focused on and demand strong communication, so I do feel it is a strength of mine. Interesting to hear from someone else who was born during Mercury Retrograde. Thanks!

PentQueen

I don't pay the least bit of attention to Mercury retrograde. From my experience, it doesn't affect me at all. The only thing that does affects me is the full moon. I get serious insomnia two days days before, during, and two days after the full moon.

Oh yeah, I have friends that are also verrrry affected during the full moons. I find that the more psychic I'm feeling, the more affected I am by them. Have you noticed this in yourself? My psychic abilities have turned down over the past 8 months, so I don't notice the full moons as much.

PentQueen

I can always tell when retrograde is going on. I always always always spill my coffee when it starts and then when it's towards the end. Also my people are much more moody around this time. And working with disabled individuals they seem to have more "issues" during that time. Also I need more sleep during the retrograde. Hope everything starts to go back into place after the full moon this week

Thanks for your insights! So you notice people being moody, I've heard others say this too! I just notice people being dumb (haha sorry if that sounds mean) and spacey and definitely isolating themselves. Very interesting about your work with disabled people and how it affects them too. I haven't noticed the tiredness in myself during Mercury Retrograde, but MARS Retrograde is the worst on me for fatigue! I'm usually glued to my bed during those times.

PentQueen

Oh, I also wanted to add something to this:

Before I was even aware of Mercury Retrograde, I would notice certain times in my life where the others around me would withdraw and get mentally confused/more flakey than usual and I would become really hurt and upset by this. After I discovered Mercury Retrograde, I went back and looked through chunks of time in my life (by going through my e-mails) and noticed that these fuzzy periods ALL happened during Mercury Retrograde! So I don't think it's something I've noticed simply because the media is talking about it...I was always aware that something was very 'off', but never understood why. I have to say, of all of the retrogrades I think it is the one that affects me most...other than Mars, which as I mentioned above, can make me extremely tired and need to sleep 14 hours a day!

CosmicBeing

One package was lost in the mail. I now have to put in a lost and found report. I waited a week just in case....but since I move out of this apartment soon... not sure even if found it would make it back for me.

Minderwiz

I don't think there's a general rule here. Much depends where Mercury lies in your chart and how prominent it is. The same goes with the Moon. I've got Mercury angular in the fourth but the main effect I notice is delays (the natural effect of retrograde planets) and not for every retrograde period of Mercury. Delays tend to relate to goods I've ordered being delivered.

My wife is very sensitive to the Full Moon, especially disruption of her sleeping pattern; she has a Cancer Ascendant so the Moon rules her body. The Moon is placed in her ninth house, and in an applying trine to her Ascendant.