GT practice - five cards in their houses

RAphrodite

Concerning the Bear: it is far from your Significator card but surrounded by bad cards (Fox, Snake, Coffin).
A possible interpretation is that you won't be in a strong position, with the power to act, or the protection of those who can support you.
There may be some distrust with regard to your hierarchy at work.
A passage in one of my books says that with the Bear far and surrounded by bad cards, it is better to trust only to those who are closest and to watch out those who can benefit from your misfortune (allies can plot against you).

Well, put this into perspective of course!!
Anyway probably not the best week to ask for a raise or a promotion!
Just an interpretation, does it make sense nevertheless?

It does actually now. I did intend to ask my boss to reimburse me for something. Technically, he doesnt have to, I thought I'd push it a bit. When I saw those cards, I did think over the weekend, that I need to be very careful at work. Yeah, so yes, not the best week to ask for that reimbursement. Maybe next week!

Would you be able to recommend a resource where I can learn the near-far method of reading GT?

Thanks

decan

The ressource to which I am referring the most is Andy Boroveshengra: Lenormand Thirty Six Cards.
Classical and great!

Barleywine

The ressource to which I am referring the most is Andy Boroveshengra: Lenormand Thirty Six Cards.
Classical and great!

I learned a lot from Andy ("andybc") while he was still an AT member, and his book crystallizes his traditional knowledge nicely. There is also the inexpensive downloadable pdf document he created for the Gilded Reverie deck which gives a useful visual breakdown of the technique.

RAphrodite

There is also the inexpensive downloadable pdf document he created for the Gilded Reverie deck which gives a useful visual breakdown of the technique.

Would you have a link for this? His blog seems to have been discontinued, and the title I could find was for his book

Barleywine

Would you have a link for this? His blog seems to have been discontinued, and the title I could find was for his book

The pdf was avaliable from Ciro Marchetti's site for those who bought the Gilded Reverie deck. You can go there to see if it's still available. I think I paid $1.50 for it. By the way, Andy has a new blog .

https://neosfortune.com/neos-fortune/

decan

Interesting!
It seems that the Companion pdf for the Gilded Reverie is available for $5 on his site: http://www.ciromarchetti.com/lenormand

ETA: just to add because it is really unexpensive and good, Lenormand Symbols by Anthony Louis is $3.18 for Kindle only!

Barleywine

Some interesting stuff going on here. The Significator's line starts well (Sun-Storks-Woman-Lilies), suggesting fortunate change that brings the Woman happiness (possibly related to family or sexual matters), but it soon descends into difficulty (Mice-Scythe-Snake-Coffin). About the only good thing about the last four cards is that Snake + Coffin can mean an end to problems, especially since both cards are strong in their own houses. Since the Mice diminishes whatever comes before it, and the consequences are shown by the following card, happiness could be eroded by discontentment (Lilies + Mice), resulting in the need to make a stressful decision (Mice + Scythe), perhaps about a serious challenge of some kind (Scythe + Snake, which I've seen described as "attack"). The Scythe's point is toward the Snake, indicating that the severity of any betrayal or deceit implied by the latter could be intensified.

I don't read past/present/future with Lenormand. Instead, I see cards to the Significator's left as influences that are passing away, and cards to the right as those that are increasing in importance, so it looks like things could get sticky by the end of the week. Fortunately, the majority of the cards in the spread are below the Significator, giving a greater measure of control over circumstances.

Since I see the Moon rather than the Fox as the primary "work" card, the series Moon-Star-Fox-Bear-Book looks to me like any hopes you may have for success in your job during this week could be derailed by a duplicitous boss who may be withholding something from you. With Fox and Bear both in their own houses, I would think that your boss has his or her own agenda and is not to be trusted.

The thing that grabs me about this spread is the condition of the Woman. She is surrounded by positive and positive/neutral cards, but the knighting tells a slightly different story. The Woman knights to the Anchor and the Heart, suggesting that she is seeking stability in a loving relationship. But she also knights to the Cross and the Star, bringing to mind the poetical allusion to the "star-crossed lover;" that is, one who is fated to fail. If we discount the four bottom cards, the Woman mirrors the Letter, which is also strong in its own house; the fact that it is surmounted by the Clouds could mean it bears unpleasant news. The Woman and the Letter sit at the head and foot of a cross array that has at the extremities of its lateral arms the Cross and the Star, placing the four cards in a sensitive alignment. The Clover and the Clouds at the center of the cross indicate uncertain luck related to the contents of any message represented by the Letter.

decan

Your reading Barleywine here helps me to understand how to deal my own GT!
I have one or two notions of course, but for a large part I need to structure things and to study more.

May I ask you? The Companion pdf for the Gilded Reverie depicts the traditional way to interpret or is it more modern?

Barleywine

Your reading Barleywine here helps me to understand how to deal my own GT!
I have one or two notions of course, but for a large part I need to structure things and to study more.

May I ask you? The Companion pdf for the Gilded Reverie depicts the traditional way to interpret or is it more modern?

I would say its a mixture. It has contributions from Tali Goodwin, Rana George, Donnaleigh de LaRosa, Sylvie Steinbach, Andy Boroveshengra, Emanuel J. Santos, and Nepher Khepri, with explanatory notes by Ciro. The overall tone seems to be more traditional than modern, but I haven't considered it closely in that respect.