Tarot from François Tourcaty, and Mlle Lenormand

eltarot78

Thanks Iris, you understand / translate very well to me, exactly

tarot heart

for now I will focus on trying to decipher these numbers and try to find one possible consistency to this possible system.

Good luck with your research, I look forward to hearing about your progress...:)

eltarot78

Probably

This is according to research what I could deduce up this time.

The signature handwritten found in the book Les souvenirs prophétiques d'une sibylle sur les causes secrétes de son arrestation - Paris (1814)
available on google, is very similar, if not, the manner of writing of the inscriptions found in the Tourcaty.

firmaycartuchos.jpg

accepting that this deck has been written and used by Miss Le Normand

correspondence of numbers and cards that gives us
eight of D Eppe, not found inside the deck but by inference, to fill "boxes"
corresponds to the number 19

hoja1-1.jpg

leaving this order

hoja2.jpg

mercury, to leave, to be retrograde and be running again told me about this story :)

few people go beyond a reading until the deck is finished,

Because the system is of the order of the cards or the cards ordered
here we draw two possible maps, or more likely, not that Miss could have accommodated the only well, probably not as structured have seen their circulation.

Miss Le Normand used the Ace of Baton and D Eppe
according fashion of the time, 3, 5, 7 and 10 of spades, corresponds to other research,
as have found different opinions in different decks

13X6.jpg

the sequences in this distribution as in the above are the same, but create maps completely different.

10X78-1.jpg

extending them to the form of maps but a system gives the feeling it is a roll a full deck.
allowing deduction The numbering is more than one system, seems question a documentation of a reading.

the most probale a character that historical important that moment
and she has decided documented leave
that story and that mode.

who has been the character in a matter of this reading?
this does not correspond to current research, or by least by time.

Bluefeet

Well done, Pablo! This is marvelous!

I'm still interested in how did Mlle Lenormand interpret her cards in this order, definitely not based on Golden Dawn meanings.

tarot heart

Yes, it could be related to just one reading, one person and therefore, not a system...

Bluefeet

Yes, it could be related to just one reading, one person and therefore, not a system...

Exactly, if this order was only used by Mlle Lenormand for a particular reading then it's hardly a system. However, if this was also popular among other fortunetellers during the same period (we never know), that's another case.

eltarot78

Is what makes me think but a complicated order so many cards,
more a reading that in a system.

maybe not on a map Gt style
3 only sequences, or 5, or who knows,
most likely this is that beech gone numbering cards in accordance order in which have gone out, Surely someone who was important or at least for her and decided to leave to have documented evidence of any prophecy

OnePotato

Hello eltarot.

I think you will need more examples of handwriting before you can determine that these are even a possible match.

Granted, handwriting details can change over a lifetime, but I think there are some differences here that need some explaining before you can make any sort of significant connection.

The slant is different. Her signature is more upright. The cards more slanted.

The tails of the "e" are clearly different-
In the signature "Le", it curls up, whereas on each of the cards that you've shown, the tails are drawn out and trail more downward.
(I also see that the tail of the "A" in her sig also distinctly curls upward. I suspect this is a general characteristic, but you need to see more examples.)

Based on this, perhaps Marteau's claim that she owned them may not be true.
Or, she may have owned these cards, but someone else may have written on them.

eltarot78

Hello OnePotato

you have reason that could be a conclusion very hasty
to say that the calligraphy of the words written on the cards
correspond to Miss Le Normand.

even though the letters "e" in the handwriting of the cards we can see that is written in 2 different ways, some seem to correspond with the letters of the signature.

but whether it can be very hasty that conclusion
Based only on the firm found to have completed her first book signing, which may also have been a very special moment, she has felt different and do not use a script so inclined, but better planted.

which is only conjecture

to carry out such research, ago lack more material, some written more.

or as well suggested tarot heart, contact the BnF,
for so to reach to know about the story that might have documented on this deck.

eltarot78

according to documented data, about the donation made by Paul Marteau at the Bibliothèque Nationale de France (BnF)

article 403

sshot-3.jpg

http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/bpt6k6458518f/f39.image.r=.langFR

Sur chaque carte, notes manuscrites, atribuées á Mlle Le Normand

On each card, handwritten notes, attributed to Miss Le Normand

Gives to doubt, in a donation of over 600 articles, seen in the need to invent data:

But who knows

The only data I can think should be corrected, the dating of the deck is,
I agree with Yves the data provided on their website , its placement in another edition Late, not 1745, at least in 1789, to the time of the French Revolution, or later.