What is up with the Burdel?

Mallah

What is up with the Burdel?

Right now it's pretty much the only deck easily available (without ordering internationally) in the U.S.

It's the Lo Scarabeo...with 6 languages crammed onto the additional banners at the top and bottom (y'all know all this already, I"m just ranting about it) and in order to get those on they had to digitally squish the images of all the trumps and courts....

I note that the Lo Scarabeo Box also has a Llwellyn logo on it too...so they are in bed together on this.

The Universal's the same thing.

The Grimaud's oop at the moment...

The "Classic" is out there, but it's squished too...and a really strange color scheme...

And occasionally the "Convos"....

It's like you can't get a decent TdM thru a local market. How is this possible? Are we THAT into our RWS clones that that's all the market will bear? What's USG's offering in all this, nothing?

gregory

Llewellyn just distribute LoS decks in North America and put their logo on because of that. They have no input into publishing.

Do you need one right now ? Plenty here:

http://www.variantes.com/CARTES-a-TAROTS-Tarots-divinatoires-l-CRT_TD.html

Fear not ! Sure that's international - but - my local alt store has Grimaud and one other, not the LoS, in stock, so do Indigo stores in Canada...

Mallah

yeah, but that's just what I'm pointing out...that's international for me....not that that's a problem, I just got a Marsella from Argentina....I'm just saying how nothing's distributed in America but the Burdel right now, and that's just weird...Burdel doesn't seem as high quality as some of the other options, but they are not available here.

Richard

TaroBear's Lair has a few Gimaud TdMs in stock. Apparently the demand for Marseille decks in the US is so low that few stores bother with them. This has been the case for the past several years. (My reaction to such a phenomenon is predictably perverse. Lately I have been using the TdMs almost exclusively.)

Yves Le Marseillais

In Tarot we trust

Hi Mallah,

I will publish a good facsimile of Claude Burdel 1751 within few months.

And you know why ?: Because I DO like this good old deck.

And I bet that Anglo Saxon fellows will like it too....

Just a little patience please...

Salutations from Tarot City (Marseille);

Yves L.M

frelkins

Not sure what you mean here. There's a large supply of TdM's in the USA, esp. from Tarot Garden, House of Tarot, etc. Amazon has lots, as does ebay. For example, Tarot Garden, which ships from Iowa, shows more than 35 TdM's of many types for immediate ordering.

Just unclear about what you mean. There's no shortage here at all.

gregory

Mallah did say "through a local market" and although some stores HERE (Canada) have them - maybe not in the US ?

Mallah

Not sure what you mean here. There's a large supply of TdM's in the USA, esp. from Tarot Garden, House of Tarot, etc. Amazon has lots, as does ebay. For example, Tarot Garden, which ships from Iowa, shows more than 35 TdM's of many types for immediate ordering.

Hmm...I'll have to look at TG and HoT...Amazon just has Burdel, Burdel, Burdel. As does Ebay!

No, I'm good and set on my TdM's for awhile...I was just commenting that Amazon, Ebay and my local stores just have the LoS Burdel, Universal, and Mini. That's it. All the "good" TdM's seem to be from Europe, Argentina, Israel, etc...no, haven't found anything else on Amazon.

Mallah

LOL...just checked both TG and HoT and unless it is Burdel, it is UNAVAILABLE...oh, and the convos, as I mentioned above.

I rest my case your honor.

Richard

Hmmm.... That hasn't been my experience. For example, TG lists many TdMs, but most are either not available, OOP, or sold out. Have I diverged into a parallel universe? Or am I simply delusional?