Tarot de Marseille: your Top Five

Laura Borealis

similia said:
(excluding The Spanish Tarot that I have, and detest)

:eek: Detest the Spanish! But it's so weird and quirky! How can you not love the mutant kids on El Sol? Or El Rey de Copas, sitting upon thin air?!

Grigori

laura_borealis said:
:eek: Detest the Spanish! But it's so weird and quirky! How can you not love the mutant kids on El Sol? Or El Rey de Copas, sitting upon thin air?!

I'm sorry. I tried so hard to love it. It just cannot happen for me. It's mostly about the faces. They are so.. um... not good. (sheepish smirk) It does have it own unpolished beauty, but it find myself wanting to polish it :D Maybe detest was too hard a word though. :)

Rosanne

swamped for choice!!!!

Last week my favourite was my Burdel fake......
but on Tuesday I had the difficult task of deciding between Heron and Fournier.. Fournier and Heron.... Heron and Fournier. What on Earth will I do when the Hadar arrives. But I think I like the Heron best. No.. I think I like the Fournier.......;) ;) ;) Very happy chapess ~Rosanne

Fulgour

TdM cha cha cha

1. was 1. Jean Dodal 1701, Dusserre
2. was 2. Convos 1999, Otto Spalinger
3. was 5. Nicolas Conver 1760, Héron
4. was 4. Bolognais 1780, Lo Scarabeo
5. was 3. Grimaud 1930, Paul Marteau

Laura Borealis

similia said:
I'm sorry. I tried so hard to love it. It just cannot happen for me. It's mostly about the faces. They are so.. um... not good. (sheepish smirk) It does have it own unpolished beauty, but it find myself wanting to polish it :D Maybe detest was too hard a word though. :)

Hee... I was speaking tongue-in-cheek. I cannot read with mine, but I return to El Sol frequently and wonder about the arms. :p

Fulgour

Very happy chapess

Rosanne said:
...but on Tuesday I had the difficult task of deciding between Heron and Fournier.. Fournier and Heron... Heron and Fournier. What on Earth will I do when the Hadar arrives...
:joke: ka pai :joke:

Fulcanelli

I didn't see this post when I posted one myself about favorite historic decks. I see that everyone is waiting for France Cartes to reprint the Dodal deck. How about we get more aggressive than just waiting and seeing what happens? I say let's contact the man and let him know that there is a strong interest in the deck. How is he to know otherwise?

victoria.star

Because there seems to have been a relatively recent rush of new TdMs [at least at my house ;) ]
I am gently bumping this thread with my Top Five Faves, for today anyway.

~Chosson
~Madenie
~Robledo
~Hadar
~CBD

Yves Le Marseillais

Do what you like is my motto

Hello all,

Good idea to re do this Top Five:

So mine will be:

Pierre Madenié 1709
François Chosson 1736
Claude Burdel 1751
Nicolas Conver 1760 (but a real one with exact measures and not a small bad copy as Héron)
Tarot Millennium from Wilfried Houdouin..... when it will be full deck deck.

I will had a Jean Pierre LAURENT (for his very deep blue and style... But it's a Tarot of Besancon Pattern)

In fact this is why I decided to reproduce this decks: Madenié, Chosson and Burdel (coming soon):
Because I really like them.

Salutations from Marseille City

Yves LM

victoria.star

Tarot Millennium from Wilfried Houdouin..... when it will be full deck deck.

I have the 22 on order from Mr. Houdouin...I hope very much that he does a 78 as well!

In fact this is why I decided to reproduce this decks: Madenié, Chosson and Burdel (coming soon):
Because I really like them.

Very excited for your Burdel, Yves. I cannot believe how sublime the Madenie and Chosson are.