Subject in bottom row of 4x8+4

Teheuti

What happens when the subject of the reading comes out in the bottom +4 of the 4x8+4 layout? Is everything out of that person's hands? What about those who say that the cards above are 'what's desired' or the future?

I'd just like to get a sense of people's experience with this - the range of possibilities.

andybc

My aunt always said they were "outside" the tableau, having lots of events out of their control too.

Teheuti

Wonderful blog post! I haven't made it all the way through Andy's blog yet. I love her material. However, I wouldn't say I'm feeling exhausted or depleted - in fact, the opposite. Could the position mean something else?

andybc

Wonderful blog post! I haven't made it all the way through Andy's blog yet. I love her material. However, I wouldn't say I'm feeling exhausted or depleted - in fact, the opposite. Could the position mean something else?

I also say that there are events out of your control. As above, my aunt said that there was an element of being "outside". Tbh I never knew what she meant, but took it as waiting on events.

Glad you like my blog. :)

Teheuti

I think I've got it! It really is about things outside my control. What a lesson here.

I had just laid out the spread when I got a return phone call from my ex. I had called yesterday to see how he was doing as I hadn't heard anything in a couple of months and knew he was going through a rocky divorce. We are pretty good friends (Dog in bottom left corner), and live nearby, but I try to stay out of his rather crazy life as much as possible.

The Man card turned up in the top right corner in a direct diagonal with my Woman card at the bottom. To the left of the Man was the Ring (married man) and the Scythe (they are going through the waiting period for the divorce but still living together).

It seems to me that the reading is entirely about the past couple of years in his life - over which I have no control - but of which I am very aware because we have a grown child (Child - lower right corner) and his soon-to-be-ex is a casual friend (Snake next to my Woman card).

I'm feeling a little uncomfortable because I feel like I'm eavesdropping on his life by looking at the spread and I really don't want to get involved - so I haven't done all the pairing yet. The fact that I laid the cards for a general GT just seconds before he called suggests that there might be something I need to know. Eeek! This spread is uncanny! Normally I would NEVER dream of doing a reading about him (and his partner, by implication) especially without his permission - so looking at these cards goes against all my principles (Dog mirrors Mice at top left), but there must be a reason for this coming up.

214red

I think in this case you need to know about it, if not it wouldnt have shown up. i agree with not reading about someone without their permission, sometimes like this you cant avoid it, so perhps there is something you need to know about it.

DownUnderNZer

I think I've got it! It really is about things outside my control. What a lesson here.

I had just laid out the spread when I got a return phone call from my ex. I had called yesterday to see how he was doing as I hadn't heard anything in a couple of months and knew he was going through a rocky divorce. We are pretty good friends (Dog in bottom left corner), and live nearby, but I try to stay out of his rather crazy life as much as possible.

The Man card turned up in the top right corner in a direct diagonal with my Woman card at the bottom. To the left of the Man was the Ring (married man) and the Scythe (they are going through the waiting period for the divorce but still living together).

It seems to me that the reading is entirely about the past couple of years in his life - over which I have no control - but of which I am very aware because we have a grown child (Child - lower right corner) and his soon-to-be-ex is a casual friend (Snake next to my Woman card).

I'm feeling a little uncomfortable because I feel like I'm eavesdropping on his life by looking at the spread and I really don't want to get involved - so I haven't done all the pairing yet. The fact that I laid the cards for a general GT just seconds before he called suggests that there might be something I need to know. Eeek! This spread is uncanny! Normally I would NEVER dream of doing a reading about him (and his partner, by implication) especially without his permission - so looking at these cards goes against all my principles (Dog mirrors Mice at top left), but there must be a reason for this coming up.

"The fact that I laid the cards for a general GT just seconds before he called suggests that there might be something I need to know".

Not eavesdropping really as you weren't looking at any particular person and/or area in your life. It is showing you what you need to know...and as you relate to it...gives credibility to the cards as you've related to them with people, and situations.

Teheuti

I've been struggling with the Lenormand for two years - feeling like the process was so mechanical - even when it was right on. This is the first time I have felt like the cards are screaming at me with significances jumping off the table so fast it's hard to know where they're coming from. I've had to slow down and force myself through the mechanicals just to not get carried away - but most of the pairs and groups of pairs literally refer to things we talked about in our phone conversation.

214red

in that way its kind of like tarot, it has a mind of its own, it will tell you what you want to know and then some, and it doesnt really know boundaries, anything in your energy will be in the GT, even subtle undertones are there.
so thats why its not always literal, you might find something in the GT that is just forming into manifestation, so its a seed that needs to geminate, so its not the finished article...it tells you something is on the way.