Palimpsest Lenormand

garmonbozia

the price was raised to reflect the prices available on my website, and because of all the troubes there was recently around the "Original Lenormand" and the Game Crafter (apparently bad copies were produced due to TGC who tried to put the blame on the designer, who is definitely not the source of these bad copies), I'm starting to think seriously to stop selling anything through their platform, but in the meantime as I don't have enough stocks of this deck I just initiated the move by changing the price.

Does this mean that your intent in changing the price was to discourage people from buying it from TheGameCrafter?

What were the issues with the Original Lenormand?

Bertrand

Does this mean that your intent in changing the price was to discourage people from buying it from TheGameCrafter?

What were the issues with the Original Lenormand?

Yes in short, plus TGC selling process isolante the deck creators from the customers, so I'd rather haver people buying directly from me. That and the fact that if something goes wrong on their side they put the blame on the deck creator.

This is one of the issues there were with the original lenormand, plus registration issues and wrong colors - not that I was able to judge it by myself, but there were quite some discussions on Facebook about that ; I didn't have serious issues myself with TGC but in doubt... on top of that I'm not very satisfied with their "we do the sales" thing. For instance there is this customer who bought the deck then was refunded, then someone or the same person from the same location bought the deck : I don't know who bought my decks nor can I contact them if I have important information to give them, so there's no way I can know if this was the same customer or not, I don't have any information about why the deck was refunded- maybe the printing was faulty, maybe someone modified her/his order, maybe he just disliked the deck so much that he wanted to be refunded ? And then I don't know what TGC told to the customer if the person wasn't satisfied : maybe they blamed me or my creation ?
Thanks to the problems (maybe there were only a few issues, I don't know but there must have been quite a few since they removed the decks from their site, or so have I read) they had with the Original Lenormand, I had an overview of how they deal with customers, and I didn't like what I read, based on actual customers and the deck designer versions which are reliable.

Winterchild

Palimpsest..

Now I know why this deck is no longer on TGC's site!

I love Palimpsest.... and I want to buy one... I shall check the ad section for your site Bertrand. So glad I searched for this thread now.

Bertrand

Hello

A newer version will be available soon. I'll receive the first copies within a couple of weeks. It won't be available from TGC nor will it be printed by them.

The back has been completely redesigned, the printing quality will be better and there won't be a tuck box anymore.
If it's ok, I'll let you know here if the new models are ok and when they'll be available.

Best regards !

Bertrand

Bluefeet

Hello

A newer version will be available soon. I'll receive the first copies within a couple of weeks. It won't be available from TGC nor will it be printed by them.

The back has been completely redesigned, the printing quality will be better and there won't be a tuck box anymore.
If it's ok, I'll let you know here if the new models are ok and when they'll be available.

Best regards !

Bertrand

Looking forward to the new edition! I would love a copy with different back design. :D

Since there won't be a tuck box this time, will you pack the cards in paper wraps?

Bertrand

Any update on the Linormand project? ;)
The unique mold (cards 1 to 8) is part of an exhibition showing my work, but I'm really not sure I'll continue this project, so it is there to illustrate the confusion between Lenormand decks and tarot cards.

First because I'm working on a more important tarot deck (about 7x3.5 inches) and apart from the already done three trumps (II, IIII and XV) I started cutting aces of Batons and Swords, so it may become a full deck which will take a huge amount ot time to complete - even the major only version will take a serious amount of time and it is a priority in my current decks projects.
Secondly because my intention was to create a "lenormand" type deck with the traditional cardmakers approach, then came "Das Spiel Der Hoffnung" which is exactly what a proto lenormand needs to be.
Third, I didn't include card inserts within the cards, and I think this was a mistake.

well, never say never, so maybe one day... Making a lenormand deck using modern techniques (and by that I also imply paint, ink, etc...) is an awful lot faster than blockprinting.

At some point I also planned to make a Posada inspired Lenormand in lino, then came the "Day of the dead Lenormand" which is such an excellent work that I decided a deck "in the style of Posada" would have to mostly (or completely) avoid "dia de muertos" references, since this was one of the things that motivated me I gave up for the moment. That being said there's more to Posada than dia de muertos, so this may also happen some day.

This answer is so long... sorry about that !

Bertrand

Bluefeet

Thank you for the very clear and detailed response, I really appreciate that. :heart: Good luck with your full 78-card project and exhibition!