New Lenormand Deck with an Old Look

Penthasilia

So they arrived today and are magnificent! :D

This was a gift for my daughter- who very much wanted a "vintage" looking lenormand, but something she could shuffle easily and really work with regularly. She is a lenormand child- her favorite method of card reading- and this was my gift to her (among many) for being such an enormous help this summer during our move.

I purchased the bundle with bridge size cards with verses, a mini with card inserts and the bag with the Key and Book on alternate sides. All are absolutely beautiful. She is totally in love with them- especially the mini. She is also looking forward to the extra bag that is coming- as she will use that to house her larger one, and the current bag for the mini.

A 16 year old squeal of joy resounded in the house. Thank you so much! These will be much loved. She has them on her altar, next to the spirit board I bought her- and it is a lovely addition! :heart:

ETA: For anyone who is wondering- the bag is PERFECT! It is the perfect size for a bridge or poker size lenormand deck and is absolutely stunning. Nice and padded- it will definitely hold your deck well and keep it in tip top shape. I may have to order an extra one for myself- as it is hard finding good bags that fit lenormand decks- and this one does perfectly!

greatdane

ahhhh that's great Penthasilia!

I ordered the poker size, borderless, without inserts. I'm excited!

So cool you and your daughter can share excitement over decks! I know many don't have family or friends to share with. I'm lucky, my bf is into reading and, of course, there's all of you :)).

Penthasilia

:D Both of my kids read. My son is a huge fan of Ciro and has all his decks. His favorite is still the Gilded- and he uses that as his primary deck. But I am very fortunate to have people in my life that share the love of cards. :)

ladybird

:D Both of my kids read. My son is a huge fan of Ciro and has all his decks. His favorite is still the Gilded- and he uses that as his primary deck. But I am very fortunate to have people in my life that share the love of cards. :)

Aw! That's so sweet, Penthasilia, sounds like you rubbed off on your kids! ;) Loved reading about your daughters squeal of delight upon getting these cards! I'm also looking forward to these! If you got yours today, maybe I need to be ready to pounce on my mail lady. :) T minus one hour or so.

ladybird

No mail lady but the mail man showed up with bills instead! Dagnabbit! :p Still looking forward to these. :laugh:

seven stars

Pen - I am so honored you gave your daughter my cards and deck AND my Spirit book! I deeply regret that I did not think to sign the book for her. = (

Our daughters are the same age! I was impressed mine wasn't just embarrassed for her friends to see me reading cards on the corner - she's a lot more interested in the horses than the cards & got hired to be a carriage driver, which is pretty fun for a first job!

You'll have to give me some ideas of other things she'd like for her altar. I made wands for quite a while which were pretty cool, and runes. I used to make 'magic boxes' for my daughters, usually decorated cigar boxes filled with various finds from vintage shops & new age shops & gatherings from the garden - oils, bags of herbs, candles, poems, candle holders, stones, all sorts of things.

greatdane

Seven Stars...you are SO giving me ideas!

Whether people celebrate seasons or Christmas or any other holidays, I think things like personalized, well, ANYTHING, would make such a great gift! I have friends who are readers, I have friends who AREN'T into cards at all, but love personalized journals, boxes, now my mind is thinking of a bunch of birthdays coming up....:))). I have friends who really don't care for things like gift cards, as one said, I like something personal from friends. Well how much more personal can you get than something personalized! OH and weddings. I have wedding gifts coming up. You may rue the day you offered personalized, Seven Stars :).

seven stars

! OH and weddings. I have wedding gifts coming up.

I just did a tarot deck & bag for a couple getting married with the picture they had on their wedding invitations on the backs of the cards & on the pouch on one side was the Lovers & the other side was their pic. But, the woman is into tarot, not everyone is into that. but i could definitely do tons of other stuff. these graphics can go on all sorts of things.

greatdane

WoW Seven Stars

That was so cool about the couple you did the deck for! I just think whether tarot-minded or not, people would so enjoy your work on all kinds of things. Everyone likes to feel special and what's more special than personalization? I think people love things they feel were made especially for them.

Alta

Picked mine up today. It is a very charming version and the printing and card-feel is outstanding. Lovely work sevenstars!