Lenormand Cartomancy Meanings

pluto'sapprentice258

Hey, Cartomancers!

I've been drawing emphasis on the cartomancy meanings of the Lenormand cards, and how an awareness of them can add more depth to a Lenormand reading, building up the layers of information available from the cards.

1 - the Rider - 9 of :heart: - success, victory, satisfaction, dreams come true, relations with others are good. Dynamic and positive. Relates to 9 of Cups - the 'wish card'.

2 - the Clover - 6 of :diamond: - help will be there when you need it.

3 - the Ship - 10 of :spade: - things happening quickly.

4 - the House - King of :heart: - older, loving and devoted man

5 - the Tree - 7 of :heart: - happy visits, good thoughts, satisfaction in various areas of life

6 - the Clouds - King of :club: - intelligent, protective, influential man

7 - the Snake - Queen of :club: - (dark-haired) woman who is serious, intelligent and influential

8 - the Coffin - 9 of :diamond: - delays, obstacles, setbacks

9 - the Bouquet - Queen of :spade: - (dark-haired/eyed) woman who is ambitious and intelligent, possibly widowed, with a tendency to meddle in the business of others

10 - the Scythe- Jack of :diamond: - messenger who brings news; young man

11 - the Whip - Jack of :club: - young man who is serious, intelligent and knows how to succeed; (dark hair), serious; enjoys physical activity e.g sports.

12 - the Birds - 7 of :diamond: - arguments, conversations, annoyances

13 - the Child - Jack of :spade: - young (dark-haired) man or boy. Also can mean hypocrisy or malevolence

14 - the Fox - 9 of :club: - improving situation, increase of comfort, advantageous propositions; focusses on the material.

15 - the Bear - 10 of :club: - financial satisfaction, large revenue, beneficial gains

16 - 6 of :heart: - memories, happy dreams, fond sentiments and harmony

17 - the Stork- Queen of :heart: - nice, benevolent woman who can help you in all situations (usually light-haired)

18 - the Dog - 10 of :heart: - great joy, love, friendship, happiness, clarity and success

pluto'sapprentice258

19 - the Tower - 6 of :spade: - some hassles to be dealt with but approaching from a stable position

20 - the Garden - 8 of :spade: - danger, pain, deception

21 - the Mountain - 8 of :club: - money, usually tells of impending success and receipt of money. Professional projects should also do well.

22 - the Crossroad - Queen of :diamond: - jealous or meddling woman, a rival or hypocrisy

23 - the Mice - 7 of :club: - small financial profits and benefits are about to be received

24 - the Heart - Jack of :heart: - serious young man (light-haired), tends to have clear intentions and an air of grace and nobility

25 - the Ring - Ace of :club: - success, victory and triumph in all things

26 - the Book - 10 of :diamond: - movement, visits, disruptions; changes, usually aren't negative, but rather enhance areas of life

27 - the Letter - 7 of :spade: - melancholy, grief, arguments and ailments

28 - the Man - Ace of :heart: joy, happiness, satisfaction, contentment

29 - the Woman - Ace of :spade: - contracts, opportunities

30 - the Lily - King of :spade: - older, serious, ambitious man who's quite powerful and protective

31 - the Sun - Ace of :diamond: - travel, movement, new things and visitors

32 - the Moon - 8 of :heart: - small joys and satisfactions, serenity and sincere emotions

33- the Key - 8 of :diamond: - movement, trips, visits and get-togethers

34 - the Fish - King of :diamond: - powerful man, determined and firm; also work and business matters

35 - the Anchor - 9 of :spade: - separations, divisions, failures

36 - the Cross - 6 of :club: - problems and difficulties arising in projects and with goals

So, there it is, guys :D Some of these messages seem to contradict the symbols in the cards but don't let that throw you. Become oriented with the meanings which best describe their Lenormand counterparts, and work from there.

Please post questions, points of discussion, or anything else at all that may help :D

love

little p

greatdane

Different Ways of Reading Lenormand

There are all different ways to reading Lenormand cards. Some subscribe to various schools, some combine meanings of the schools, some read playing cards as well, some just read Lenormand cards without using any type of playing card meanings. Whatever resonates with a reader, whatever works for them, works for them.

Some of the meanings you listed may correspond with how I read, others don't at all, but then I don't use playing cards. For me, I have about two or three meanings for most Lenormand cards and which one I use depends on the question and the layout.

For those just learning to read Lenormand, using playing card meanings in conjunction with some of the traditional Lenormand meanings may help them if they wish to read with playing cards and use those meanings as well or confuse them if they don't. Again, whatever works for a reader, helps them, is what they should do.

I give you big kudos for posting these meanings. The more options out there, the more readers can choose what works for them.

Padma

This is awesome, thank you so much, LP2! I am *so* making notes!

Between Greatdane and you, I shall learn everything there is to know! ;)

pluto'sapprentice258

There are all different ways to reading Lenormand cards. Some subscribe to various schools, some combine meanings of the schools, some read playing cards as well, some just read Lenormand cards without using any type of playing card meanings. Whatever resonates with a reader, whatever works for them, works for them.

Some of the meanings you listed may correspond with how I read, others don't at all, but then I don't use playing cards. For me, I have about two or three meanings for most Lenormand cards and which one I use depends on the question and the layout.

For those just learning to read Lenormand, using playing card meanings in conjunction with some of the traditional Lenormand meanings may help them if they wish to read with playing cards and use those meanings as well or confuse them if they don't. Again, whatever works for a reader, helps them, is what they should do.

I give you big kudos for posting these meanings. The more options out there, the more readers can choose what works for them.

Aaah, thank you for this, GD! That is very interesting to me indeed, to learn how others perceive the cartomancy of the Lenormand.

You are so right that it doesn't necessarily need to be acknowledged, but personally I feel an awareness can add fresh dimensions to the reading. :)

Cheers,

little p

pluto'sapprentice258

This is awesome, thank you so much, LP2! I am *so* making notes!

Between Greatdane and you, I shall learn everything there is to know! ;)

Hehe, we are all such wild cards, aren't we! :D :love:

greatdane

I think it's great you posted that pluto'sapprentice

We all need to find what works for us and having people out there to glean various methods from I think is very good. While I know some go straight from intuition regarding readings (whether tarot, Lenormand, various other oracle decks) many of us pick up things from different readers and then make it our own. I have my way of reading that works for me, and I'll be honest, I have no desire to use playing cards, I don't even like big playing card inserts on Lenormand cards, but that's me. Others love and use playing cards in conjunction with certain Lenormand systems, it's all good. It's like saying some people prefer chocolate, some vanilla, others like a mix. There is no right or wrong, only what works for you and what you feel is right. I strongly believe that about reading. The proof is in the readings and how a reader feels. I think it's wonderful to share things we come across. That, to me, is what AT is all about.

Padma

You are right, GD - everyone has their way (usually cobbled together from our own wits and intuition, plus others meanings!)

I think your method is very good as well, GD :) I am so grateful you are both on board here at AT! I am adapting bits from both of you in my reading techniques! And that is why great scope and many different roads are a good thing!

pluto'sapprentice258

We all need to find what works for us and having people out there to glean various methods from I think is very good. While I know some go straight from intuition regarding readings (whether tarot, Lenormand, various other oracle decks) many of us pick up things from different readers and then make it our own. I have my way of reading that works for me, and I'll be honest, I have no desire to use playing cards, I don't even like big playing card inserts on Lenormand cards, but that's me. Others love and use playing cards in conjunction with certain Lenormand systems, it's all good. It's like saying some people prefer chocolate, some vanilla, others like a mix. There is no right or wrong, only what works for you and what you feel is right. I strongly believe that about reading. The proof is in the readings and how a reader feels. I think it's wonderful to share things we come across. That, to me, is what AT is all about.

Well said, GD. Here, here.
You must make readings your own, stamp your own identity on them, so to speak...I can't imagine ever being taught to 'burn' a card, or using spreads which look like actual card games...but I do these things, because I was a card player first, reader later, so instinctively, I cross over some of the customs and traditions from card games :D This works for me and it feels comfortable.

Does anyone else have any habits or cross-overs from other traditions?

little p

pluto'sapprentice258

You are right, GD - everyone has their way (usually cobbled together from our own wits and intuition, plus others meanings!)

And that is why great scope and many different roads are a good thing!

Well said, LP1, how right you are, as always :D

:love:
xx