The Cross Card

light2000

Hi everyone :)

I did a reading using the Lenormand Cards and i must say i'm newbie to Lenormand cards and Oracles.

I did my Reading and choose the cross card meanings intuitively and didn't seemed bad to me, specialy because i asked about my destiny. I use a Lenormand deck from Lo Scarabeo, is just a cross and the 36 number.

But after read about it i saw many see this card very badly. Couldn't see why looking at my ard, but when i saw the cross card of other decks i see the grief and pain but not at mine. Looking at the cross card at mystical Lenormand is actualy a scary card.

So my question is like is an oracle, you read it looking at the card or there are fix meanings?
If you use fix meanings and if lenormand cards have them wich is the fix meaning of this card?

Because is so confusing that at de Lo scarabeo deck i have at the book, says this card is the best card of the deck i will try to put here what they wrote about it:

Dininatoy meaning: Good Protection, sucess, religion.

Advice: Let your life being drive by destiny, the luck never will let you down.

Meaning: Tradictionaly this card means suffering and healness, death and lost, but is a suffering that is need, is a challenge that will bring better prespectives. In Brazil this is the most positive card of the game, means victory, sacrifices that worth it.
This is a card of good advicers and premonition gift.

.... So this deck this card means victory. Give me your opinion and thanks :)

GryffinSong

There have been several conversations like this here recently, and you'll hear a lot of differing opinions. I think the general consensus is that it is valuable to learn traditional meanings, but in the end we all need to find our own way with the cards. Personally, if I were in your shoes, I'd go with your own impressions of that particular deck, and your culture's associations.

light2000

Thank you Gryffin

Tried to find threads about this at the index didn't found.
But for what i see of what you wrote there are traditional meanings of the lenormand, so i will try to find them.

Thank you again :)

light2000

Thank you griffin :)

The conversation was very usefull i see ther eisn't consense about it. Someone there said he/she stuck to the meaning of the card no matter the deck and others that depend of the deck.

The page you post, actualy was funny was there that i saw a different meaning of the Lwb.

Padma

I've had the Cross card come up when I had religious friends about to contact me; I have also had it for depression, and it came up during readings to indicate things that were planned (and not "fated")

I personally would not draw just one card with the Lenormand - you need at least one other card to tell you what a drawn card means - they are always read in pairs, traditionally.

But I suppose, in the end, if one card is meaningful for you personally, then great! :D that is what works for you. I think the Cross card alone means get on with your plans. I also think it means don't allow depression to overwhelm your efforts.

Whatever it may mean to you is the most important thing - we all see the cards differently...

Flaxen

I am one of the those who reads the symbol and for me, Cross is about burdens- 'a cross to bear'- or religion. The other cards around it will help to give the context.

light2000

I've had the Cross card come up when I had religious friends about to contact me; I have also had it for depression, and it came up during readings to indicate things that were planned (and not "fated")

I personally would not draw just one card with the Lenormand - you need at least one other card to tell you what a drawn card means - they are always read in pairs, traditionally.

But I suppose, in the end, if one card is meaningful for you personally, then great! :D that is what works for you. I think the Cross card alone means get on with your plans. I also think it means don't allow depression to overwhelm your efforts.

Whatever it may mean to you is the most important thing - we all see the cards differently...

Thank you Lotus :)

I understood all i think. One think i saw you see destiny very different of me :) Like per example imagine if ...a work is fated to me. I can work at 3 or 4 jobs none willl make me happy because my fate is to work at that thing. So sick of not being happy i start to plan to do that work that was fated. After i finaly got that work i never will change again or is the worst thing on my live but i had to lived it was fated. For me gain a think that isn't planned is luck. Not sure you understood what i said , maybe i'm more fatalist than you :D

And yes i'm learning the combinations , i still have a lot of doubts on that but i'm starting right?

Thank you so much Lotus for taking time to give me good insights :)

Maybe you are fated to help me hahahaa That is the worst karma of all , i always have so many questions....

Stay well
Light2000

light2000

I am one of the those who reads the symbol and for me, Cross is about burdens- 'a cross to bear'- or religion. The other cards around it will help to give the context.

Hi Flaxen :)

Yes i complety understand it :) Is why i saw it like protection at first. You see i bought a Lenormand that relates some card to my religion and at my religion the cross is associated with spirit guides that heals. That spirit guides had a very difficult lives but had the streght to be happy, they made a lot of sacrifices but got their freedoom. And they have a lot of wisdom and always have a word to confort you. So you see the lwb made it related to them, is why at the lwb says victory, protection.

But like i explained at my first post when i tried to find more opinions about this card on internet they were the opposite.

I'm not sure yet wich mean i will follow, i will train more, experience more the deck and i will reach my conclusions.

Thank you Flaxen for giving me your opinion, Teatching is share learning is transfer :)

Light2000