A New Marseilles Person Intro...

tmgrl2

Re: Re: A New Marseilles Person Intro...

Diana said:
You won't know that unless you had measured yourself BEFORE receiving the Conver, and AFTER receiving it.

I have done readings with that deck I sent you. May I request that you pay special attention to the Knights. They talk. They know how to speak English too, but it's a bit of an old-fashioned English.

Good fortune with your deck, TA.

And...Diana...Knights in a Tarot de Marseille speaking "old-fashioned English???"

I wonder if I listen carefully, if any of my Hadar's or Camoin's will speak to me...maybe even a Trump or two, not just court cards.

TemperanceAngel

Moongold said:

Just one comment to TA, the more I know about the Marseilles the more affectionate I feel towards the Conver. It's simpliciity is beautiful, enhanced by the history that it reflects. I hope your enjoyment of your Conver continues.
Indeed yes, thank you for directing people elsewhere!

TemperanceAngel

Re: Re: Re: A New Marseilles Person Intro...

tmgrl2 said:
Good fortune with your deck, TA.

Knights in a Tarot de Marseille speaking "old-fashioned English???"
Thanks terri, I will let you know if the Knights speak to me (if I ever get the chance to look at my new deck....)

TemperanceAngel

Moonbow* said:

Okay Okay.... are you done?

Get a Hadar!!! :D

and....... a Grimaud :p

and....... I would love to have the Conver too! Heck! get them all! :D

Nice one TA.... you won't regret this move ........

Why you cheeky little, TA waves her fist at Moonbow*...LOL...of course, it's all meant in jest, (people should learn not to take me so seriously!)

Yes I really like the Grimaud a lot, perhaps it will be my next one. I love the Hadar too, but don't feel that 'drawn' to it....

Rusty Neon

fyreflye said:
Speaking of French texts, I wonder if anyone here has read Jodorowsky's recent La voie du tarot http://makeashorterlink.com/?C34C23749
My faded French would never survive over 500 pp of text (I just do a bit of Rimbaud) and I'm sure an eventual English translation is unlikely, but I'm curious as to what the co-designer of the Camoin has to say.

Fyreflye ... I and several others on the boards have that book and not all of us are ill-disposed towards that book. If you have a question about a feature in the Jodo-Camoin deck and are wondering what Jodorowsky may have written about it, don't be shy about posting your question in a thread. One of us here who has that book would be pleased to reply. There are already several threads on the boards with quoted passages.

By the way, Camoin has a book out in Japanese about the deck. Maybe eventually, his book too will become available in French or perhaps even English.

Although the Jodo-Camoin deck would never replace my Heron Conver, it's fun to have the vibrantly-coloured Jodo-Camoin alongside the Heron Conver whose 1760 Conver specimen's colours and designs are the Jodo-Camoin's primary base.

Rusty Neon

I'm aware that TA does not want this to be a discussion of the merits of any deck and this is another thread about some of these differences that people might like to refer to :

It's natural for a thread to take a life of its own. A thread-starter starts the thread and lets it free. As moderators have reminded us, the thread-starter doesn't own the thread.

TemperanceAngel

Rusty Neon said:
It's natural for a thread to take a life of its own. A thread-starter starts the thread and lets it free. As moderators have reminded us, the thread-starter doesn't own the thread.
Thanks for reminding us of that Rusty, threads are like entities with their own life form! But it is true that we do need to keep to the nature of the thread topic ;)

Rusty Neon

I haven't seen anything on this thread that hasn't been on topic.

Moongold

Re your comments on threads having lives of their own, Rusty Neon, I completely agree.

I was being too tentative with Temperance Angel who doesn't do too bad a job of subverting threads herself on occasion, particularly when she holds strong views which is quite often. :D ( The latter comment added subsequently ]

However TA had indicated that she wanted a celebratory thread and I guess we are all entitled to those occasionally. :CL :CL

I sometimes think of some of the discussions round the Marseilles as taking on a quite a literal meaning ...... people drawing drawing swords and batons whilst figuratively in their cups. Sometimes there is even the odd stoning. Hehehe. :) We all get pent up about things occasionally. Personally, I stopped having difficulty with the Marseilles pips once I learned a little numerology and could let my imagination free. That took a few months.

I suspect the originators of the Marseilles in all its versions would have been more than up to a good intellectual debate AND the occasional physical stoush.

Perhaps I should have commenced a new thread with that one?

All the best :)

TemperanceAngel

Let's have a thread about threads! (joke)

I think that all is being taken quite seriously, Rusty when I posted after you I didn't say the thread was out of topic at all.

Gosh, this thread was just supposed to be fun....well I am having fun introducing myself in this area anyways.

And what??? Moongold and I agree??? LOL, this is turning out to be a fun and surprising thread!

My Conver is sitting there looking at me wondering if its new home is one of bickering?

I must get those Knights out and see what they have to say!

As threads do have lives of their own, I have really enjoyed everyones comments about the Conver and other Marseilles decks and the links are brilliant :)

TA is still celebrating her new Marseilles....