using titania's book with lenormand cards

skitsokitty

Hi there,
have been reading through old posts re lenormand cards + titania fortune cards.
just wondering if anyone uses titania's book as an additional source of info but read with lenormand cards?
sort of like teaming the old with the new...
intuition aside it's helpful to have some reference...but I had noticed that sometimes there were rather different interpretations between Lenormand and Titania...
oh and of course it depends on context...

am only staring to learn so would be great to hear what everyone has to say!!

stella01904

It's weird - when I first got into Lenormand, I bemoaned the fact that there were no books in english - but I don't like the look of Titania's deck, so I stayed away from the book, too. I learned to read Lenormand talking online with people living in Europe where it is more popular.

Now there is a book to go with the LS French Cartomancy Lenormand reproduction, and I don't want that book either. Just the deck, lol.

I usually love books but Lenormand works so well with no book!
BB, Stella

purple_scorp

Hi skitsokitty and welcome to AT. (Hi also to Stella....I haven't seen you for a while but I've not been much here lately, so that could be why).

skitsokitty, Titania's Fortune cards was the first deck (Oracle or Tarot) that I purchased. I later went and bought a Le Normand deck, just to see the deck that Titania had based her deck on. I made sure that the Le Normand deck that I purchased also had the cartomancy (playing card) equivalent as I was also interested in how they tied in with the fortune cards.

I think you could loosely apply Titania's meanings but keep in mind that she (Titania) applies a modern approach and there could be some meanings that got lost in translation.

Le Normand paid a lot of attention to the direction that her cards were facing and how far/near they were to the significator (either the man or lady, depending on the gender of the querent). This indicates whether the problem/condition is passing in or out of the querent's life. Say for example, if the mouse was facing the lady, then it could be said that a lady will soon suffer a loss. If the mouse was facing away, perhaps this loss has already occurred.

Titania's interpretation changes depending on the proximity of the cards to each other but doesn't place credence on which way they are facing. The fact that the mouse is near the lady indicates a loss or something eating away. It does not indicate whether it's the past, the present, or the future.

I've always found Titania's cards to accurately describe the current situation, moreso than predict the future.

Well, that's just my opinion. The truth is that your cards can mean whatever you want them to. Just stick with the same interpretation each time the card arises and you'll find your own way.

with love
purple_scorp

skitsokitty

great! that's very helpful...it's good to know what other people are thinking about these 2 decks.