Japonica's Map Spread

Xarokys

I liked the name so much I just had make up a spread for it.

This is sort of a combination of a bridge spread and a choice spread.

4---5---2

3---9---8

1---6---7

Card1) You are here, where you are now, present situation

Card 2) Your Destination, where you want to be or need to be.
(Cards 1 or 2 or both can be picked randomly from the face-down deck or consciously chosen from the face-up deck.)

Cards 3, 4, and 5 represent one path
Card 3) first step, something you need to do
Card 4) what is obvious, something you know; or a strength that can help you
Card 5) what is hidden, something you don’t know, a pitfall to avoid; or a weakness that can hinder you.

Cards 6, 7, and 8 represent an alternate path
Card 6) same as card 3
Card 7) same as card 4
Card 8) same as card 5

Card 9) Wild card, throwing the dice, taking a chance, a possible shortcut.

Short version

3---------2

------5-----

1---------4

1) You are here, current situation

2) Destination, where you want or need to be

3) something obvious

4) something hidden

5) Wild card

I haven't tried a reading with it yet. Any suggestions or improvements are welcome!

galadrial

Interesting spread:) I tried the shorter version, which is also map-like in that it forms an "x", as in "x" marks the spot. I got:

1. King of Wands

2. Chariot

3. Ace of Cups

4. Queen of Coins

5. Nine of Swords

This all makes perfect sense. The King shows energy and drive and the impetus to improve. The goal is the Chariot, which is also my soul/personality card. This is one of my favorite Chariot cards since it seems more about mastering the frontiers of the mind, spirit and emotions than worldly power, which, in typical Piscean fashion, I've no interest. The obvious is the Ace of Cups. I'm surrounded by love, it's true. I've wonderful, supportive relationships with my son, husband and mother. Also, I'm a double Pisces with Scorpio rising, so the most obvious aspects of my character are emotional/intuitional. The hidden Queen of Coins shows my interest in money for it's ability to buy nice things. Already wearing two necklaces, earrings, a fur and a crown, I can tell she's just seen a cool ring and is deciding whether to get it now, or to keep saving for the even cooler pair of shoes she wants. Oh, this one is spot on, all right:) I see it as not so much hidden, as in the shadow. It's a part of myself I can see, but am not comfortable with and do not always manage well. The wild card is the Nine of Swords. This energy is at the bottom of the Queen of Sword's motivation. She tells herself she wants the ring because it is beautiful and will go so well with...., but she is really looking to distract herself. My husband is a truck driver who is away from home a lot. My son is 16 and growing into a wonderful young man, but doesn't, naturally, require much in the way of mothering any more. Fact is, I do feel a bit of the princess in the castle, wondering what to do with myself now that one role is ending, but I haven't transitioned into another yet. This is not a boo-hooey sort of feeling, I'm really pretty happy and content, but it does give that shadow aspect a foothold and make it harder to control.

I gleaned a lot from this spread, Becky, thanks for sharing it!