Vision Quest - X Small Medicine Wheel

Soaring Eagle

Description:
A Medicine Wheel with symbols of Bison, Eagle, Coyote, and Bear. A white bird is in the middle with one paw extending towards the reader. Four arrowheads are also shown, creating an 8-spoked wheel, and with the rocks, the wheel forms a clock.

Significant Details:
Medicine Wheel - a symbol that all life turns and returns in patterns, cycles, and seasons. The Bison, Eagle, Coyote, and Bear signify not only the four directions, but also the four elements. The white bird – Truth, also represents the spirit. We must be aware of truth and be willing and diligent in seeking knowlege of universal energy flows if we are to succeed on our path in life. There are stones placed between the animals, perhaps this is to signify the turning of time, like that of a clock.

My Interpretation:
Luck and fate are turning in your favor. Changes are coming, it is a time of new beginnings. You are starting a new phase in life.

Soaring Eagle

Let's have a closer look at these symbols.

The Bison (wisdom, rebirth) - North - defeat, trouble
The bison is in the north, then is he telling up that we are troubled in our knowledge?

Eagle (Great Spirit) - East - success, triumph
The eagle is in the east, so he is telling up that we are succeeding on our spiritual path?

Coyote (Limitations) - South - peace, happiness
The coyote is in the south, so he is telling up that even with our limitations, we will have peace and happiness?

Bear (protector, power, freedom) - West - death
The bear is in the west, is he telling us that our freedom is ending? That we need to use care?

The white bird – Truth - Center

Arrowhead - Alertness.
The arrowheads are between teh animals, so do they then signify the elements, or the four seasons?

The following quotes are taken from the Cherokee nation at this site:
http://users.ap.net/~chenae/spirit.html

"The Medicine Wheel is representative of American Indian Spirituality. The Medicine Wheel symbolizes the individual journey we each must take to find our own path. Within the Medicine Wheel are The Four Cardinal Directions and the Four Sacred Colors. The Circle represents the Circle of Life and the Center of the Circle, the Eternal Fire. The Eagle, flying toward the East, is a symbol of strength, endurance and vision. East signifies the renewal of life and the rebirth of Cherokee unity. "

"The medicine wheel teaches us that all lessons are equal, as are all talents and abilities. Every living creature will one day see and experience each spoke of the wheel, and know those truths. It is a pathway to truth, peace and harmony. The circle is never ending, life without end. "

"The medicine wheel is sacred, the native people believe, because the Great Spirit caused everything in nature to be round. The Sun, Sky, Earth and Moon are round. Thus, man should look upon the Medicine Wheel (circle of life) as sacred. It is the symbol of the circle that marks the edge of the world and therefore, the Four Winds that travel there. It is also the symbol of the year. The Sky, the Night, and the Moon go in a circle above the Sky, therefore, the Circle is a symbol of these divisions of time. It is the symbol of all times throughout creation."

divinegoddess

Keywords*: New beginning, promising start, change, success, outgoing energy, completed cycle, gratitude, a new phase begins

Inner message*: The Eagle hovers in the east of the Wheel. He is the totem- or power-animal that furthers your spiritual growth and watcehs over your path. The Coyote sits at the southern point, reminding you of the innocence of your childhood days. As on of the totem-animals that help you develop trust, he teaches attentiveness to your feelings and how to find inner balance. The Bear is standing in the west. He knows the answers to your deepest questions and points the way to your own truth. The Buffalo watis at the northern gate, symbolizing the all-encompassing wisdom. He teaches what it means to give, as well as the significance of gratitude. The wings of the great white Eagle span the entire circle. He is the Guardian of the Treshold, protector of the sacred Medicine Wheel. The power of Small Medicine Wheel will transport you safely into the new phase of your life. It is an omen of good fortune and fulfillment. It also points to a completion. Something old falls away painlessly. If you listen to your inner being and trust your intuition, the new beginning will be like a resurrection. Which one of the four totem-animals speaks to you most clearly? Listen to its message, start to sense it within you now. You need not verbalize it. Our deepest knowing needs no words.

Outward manifestation*: An important lesson has been understood. Now something full of wonder will unfold. When a cycle has completed itself, your energy field expands to encompass new things. Now you will learn to be more attentive to what develops right from the start, thus gaining a higher perspective, and consequently finding yourself less occupied with superficial things. Allow your consciousness to carry you into the dimension that wants to be explored as you cross the threshold. This is an excellent time to push your work forward successfully, but on a new basis. The power of the Medicine Wheel speaks to you from within, it helps you overcome obstacles and supports you all along the way.

Thoughts/Points to Ponder: -

My Interpretation: The outer circle is the Circle of Life, the inner circle is the Eternal Life. With all the directions being pointed, with all the elements of the Medicine Wheel, all the animals being present, this small Medicine Wheel is not an ordinary medicine wheel. It represents everything we do in this lifetime, in the physical life, we must be careful as it will connect with the Spiritual realm. The White Eagle in the middle is essential here – all the arrows point to the middle, aka to the Eagle. Since the Eagle is so sacred and is a representative to the Great Spirit, he reminds us that we are all connected to the Eternal Life in the Spiritual realm. We need to gather all the information, all the knowledge, all the elements to fully understand what life is about. Once we find that, we’re the Masters of our own destiny, and we therefore can carry on to the next level. The Eagle will guide us through.

This is a start of a new beginning. You have found understanding and answers you’ve been looking for. If you follow the Eagle, you will go through a window of new opportunities, but most of all you will have a new beginning. Beginning of the next chapter in your life. Beginning of something new, exciting and positive. Leave the past behind you, learn from the pain you have gone through. Take the lessons from them but go with an open mind, and without any baggage.

*From the accompanying LWB

divinegoddess

Wow, you have gone through a great deal of trouble finding all that information out! I'm so happy that you have studied the deck before me, because I understand the cards even better with your notes!

(I will base my answers on the LWB description)

The Bison (wisdom, rebirth) - North - defeat, trouble
The bison is in the north, then is he telling up that we are troubled in our knowledge?

I think what the bison (or the buffalo) is asking you to not to give up, not to feel defeated in your journey. Throughout your journey, you will learn more and get more knowledge. He will greet you at the north gate, but what he asks is to show gratitude of the life's lessons you've learned along the way. I also understand that in the Native American nations, it is important to be grateful and show gratitude for everything. He is asking this of you, because if you don't show the gratitude, you will be in trouble, or worse not get through the gate.

Eagle (Great Spirit) - East - success, triumph
The eagle is in the east, so he is telling up that we are succeeding on our spiritual path?

Yes. I think that he is there to greet you in your triumph and success of life. He is also there to guide you through the next window to start a new phase in your life, since you have completed this phase. He is also asking you to trust to your intuition, as it will guide you along the way. Your Spirit Guides are always guiding you, but do not forget to ask for their guidance.

Coyote (Limitations) - South - peace, happiness
The coyote is in the south, so he is telling up that even with our limitations, we will have peace and happiness?

Since the Coyote reminds us of the childhood days, we have had limitations because of our young mind. It hasn't been able to understand everything. Sometimes, we need to remind ourselves things are not as complex or as difficult but because we assume things to be difficult we see them like that. Sometimes we should just be happy of the smallest things in our lives.

Sometimes a child comes to us and asks a math question, which he or she cannot figure out. We process this as even more complex equation than it is, and even we cannot come up with an answer. Then the child goes to school, and the teacher tells the answer, which was much simpler than we thought.

I don't know if that makes any sense to you but I hope you get what I mean. Or maybe a better example would be that children often come up the most simple yet accurate answers to life mysteries. I think that this is what the Coyote reminds us of.

Bear (protector, power, freedom) - West - death
The bear is in the west, is he telling us that our freedom is ending? That we need to use care?

Bear being in west (death), I think he represents transformation. You are being left with the truth and nothing but the truth. He knows the answers, and with him by your side, he will protect and guard you when finding the answers.

Arrowhead - Alertness.
The arrowheads are between teh animals, so do they then signify the elements, or the four seasons?

I think they signify a bit of both. I think that they're there to remind us to find balance in our lives, to use all the elements in our life to find the answers we seek.

This just my opinion though, and those are great questions to ask. It gave me something more to think about the card. :)

Soaring Eagle

I like your take on the coyote and it representing childhood days. That gives me something to think about.