Finally Got This Deck!

The Reader7

I am so ecstatic right now, it's not even funny. I've had actual tears roll down the sides of my face. It was a bit of a stretch, since I'm in a position in my life right now where I'm not exactly swimming in cash (full-time student here), but I finally saved up enough to buy one!

Up until last week, I was doing Readings using Amy Zerner's fabulous Enchanted Tarot Deck, and although I've felt I've developed a strong bond with those Cards, the connection seemed to have grown cold over time. I won't go into mundane details as to how and why I felt what I felt, but it was just odd because I've always approached the Deck (or any Decks that I own for that matter) with a profound sense of respect. I always take the answers seriously and I do maintain an open mind while Reading, but meh, I felt like I lost touch with these Cards.

So, yeah, it was around that time that I developed a fascination for the Rider Waite. At first, I hated it, I hated how it was way too mainstream for its own good and how each every Tarotist out there has this on the top of their 'Ideal Beginner's Tarot Deck' list. I just hated how popular it was, and how it seems to be loved by so many. Ironically enough, it was this same aversion to the Deck that somehow drew me to it.

Images of various Cards I found online were just way too simple to interpret that it can effortlessly tap into your intuition (examples of these are the 10 of Swords, 6 of Swords, 5 of Wands). And I feel that, as a budding Reader, that's the department I have to work on. To further trust my intuition and draw the line between being accurate and seeing the Cards as what they really represent and just plain being biased and putting your own partiality into things.

I've actually yet to read with them, since it's, like, half-past 12:00 where I'm at and believe me, I'll be Reading with them first thing tomorrow morning!

I'll keep you guys updated with how I find the Cards as a whole and how it generally resonates with me. Stay tuned! :)

rwcarter

Welcome to Aeclectic, The Reader7, and congrats on your first RWS deck! As there are so many versions around, which one did you get?

Marirowana

I am so ecstatic right now, you won't even believe it. I've had actual tears roll down the sides of my face. It was a bit of a stretch, since I'm in a position in my life right now where I'm not exactly swimming in cash (full-time student here), but I finally saved up enough to buy one!

I feel ya, as a fellow full-time student :D But I like it, because every purchase is so valuable. Enjoy your new deck!

I feel like I 'should' buy one, too...

Onion Budgie

I hope you find your deck rewarding and fun to work with!

I've really bonded with my own Rider-Waite deck. It gives me truly accurate readings, almost scarily so sometimes.

And yes, which version did you get? :)

CrystalSun

Congrats. For beginners and not only this deck is fantastic. For me its the only deck I use and that gives me the accurate reading messages.