Japanese Foil Thoth

FLizarraga

Interesting. The same month that I got to know the Thoth (and thus Tarot in general), I met a Japanese girl who is now my wife since 25 years. I visited Japan soon after and spent a year there, studying Zen, martial arts - and my Thoth Tarot, of course. I would love to get a copy of that special edition somehow, somewhen. (It's okay to dream.)

That's a beautiful story. :)

Michael Sternbach

What martial arts did you study Michael Sternback?

At the time, Shotokan Karate and Aikido. Currently, my focus is on Taiji (Old Yang style) and Kenpo Karate, with a touch of Okinawan Karate. Regarding Karate and Aikido, Rave and I sometimes enjoy an exchange (of blows) on another forum. :shhh:

Michael Sternbach

Oh ... and Sterny ? Dont slap his wrist .. just grab it and take a firm hold for an answer to your question :)

I would probably do nothing more than ask her how I can help her, unless she tried to pull me into a Wing Chun chop.

Tanga

:royal: For the information of Star-Lords and Ravens - There's no "pulling" in Wing Tsun.
Only the swift forward and true motion, like a flying arrow. ;)
( :) you've brought back lovely memories of my old Aikido sensei, now 81 and still teaching up north in
Staffordshire).

gregory could you possibly beg said possessor of this deck to post photos?? (or something).

gregory

:royal: For the information of Star-Lords and Ravens - There's no "pulling" in Wing Tsun.
Only the swift forward and true motion, like a flying arrow. ;)
( :) you've brought back lovely memories of my old Aikido sensei, now 81 and still teaching up north in
Staffordshire).

gregory could you possibly beg said possessor of this deck to post photos?? (or something).
I'll ask. There are some on Tarotgarden, of course.

earthair

Oh man. I did not know this existed.

And now, I desperately want one :livelong:

Maybe I can make a copy for myself someday, with transparent acrylics over foil...should I ever have too much spare time on my hands.

Um hows about a special foil edition of your next colour TM deck ;) ;) hint hint with extra sugar on top.

earthair

Is it even possible to shuffle it without the foil coming off? :D

Babalon Jones

Can anyone who has seen these in person describe them? Is the card collaged with pieces of painted or colored foil, or is the card itself made of foil or embossed foil? I'm assuming each set of these was made by hand...