Question about Faerytale Oracle by Lucy Cavendish and Jasmine Becket-Griffith

missy

I have been considering this one but I have seen a YouTube reveal of the cards and, while they are lovely, I am not familiar with some of the fairytales.

Does the guidebook by Lucy Cavendish shed light on the meaning of the tales or provide a short synopsis of the tales?

Some of these tales I can google, but others are more obscure or harder to find exactly which one they are referring to, so I hope the guidebook covers them.

Also, there aren't any reviews in the Oracles forum on the Faerytale Oracle, so if anyone who has this deck wants to share their thoughts, it would be appreciated. Thank you. :)

DaughterOfDanu

I have been considering this one but I have seen a YouTube reveal of the cards and, while they are lovely, I am not familiar with some of the fairytales.

Does the guidebook by Lucy Cavendish shed light on the meaning of the tales or provide a short synopsis of the tales?

Some of these tales I can google, but others are more obscure or harder to find exactly which one they are referring to, so I hope the guidebook covers them.

Also, there aren't any reviews in the Oracles forum on the Faerytale Oracle, so if anyone who has this deck wants to share their thoughts, it would be appreciated. Thank you. :)

Yes, she does go into a brief summary of each tale. Some may be worth looking into further but others you can get the clear message from reading the guidebook. I do like mine. It's nice because there's keywords on the cards, unlike the Myths & Mermaids Oracle, which makes for less referring back to the guidebook. But it's just about the same as the other Cavendish/Becket-Griffith decks in terms of quality so if you enjoy those, you'll enjoy this one too. I think I have all of Becket-Griffith's decks and always have found them to have nice depth and great accuracy!