The Dark Lady (20)

Jewel

I do not believe a card was posted this week so I thought I would go ahead and post this one. I will not go into the 7 questions in the book because I already posted those in my "Least Favorite Card" exercise.

As I noted in previous posts, I have had issues with this card since February when I got the deck. She always reminded me of vengence and the saying "hell hath no fury like the scorn of a woman" *LOL*. Anyways ... the reason I decided to post about this card is because I got her again today and I am finally seeing a different side to her (YAY!).

I am currently going through some life changes (good ones so don't worry). On top of that I am engaging in self-development and shadow work which are also emotionally intense. Today when I drew the card, what has stood out the most is the crescent moon on her forehead and the stream of light eminating from ther third eye in the smaller depiction of her. Her nudity stands out more to me than usual and my interpretation of it is of vulnerability. What I see is the strength in being vulnerable. Her vulnerability (nudity) has enabled her to connect to truths (beam of light eminating from her 3rd eye) and given her wisdom and freedom (spread wings). I feel as though I am following her message and she is letting me know that I finally got what she has been trying to tell me for months. The stern look in her eye is cautioning me not to waiver now that I started, no matter how tough it gets.

Just thought I would share ... feels like a real break through for me where this card is concerned.

How do you see this card? what experiences have you had that reinforce or contradict what you see?

DarkElectric

Sometimes, she scares me. There are times when she is just so intense! And she usually scares me the most when I'm trying to BS myself about something, or hide from an issue which needs to be addressed. But when I'm not trying to obfuscate my issues, or attempting to sell myself a load of crap, she changes her tone completely. She takes on a more flirtacious air, and I notice the crescent moon. And her eyes are not stern to me then, it's more like I see an expression of, "See, the job is done. Now you can loosen up." She doesn't let me get away with self delusion, that's for sure!

Jewel

That is so interesting that we have a similar experiences of her. I think you hit the nail on the head about her being more intense when try and obfuscate things to feel better about them. I have a new found respect for her and I now understand what to read in the card when she shows up. If she appears negative and foreboding then I know I need to take a close look at myself and check to see if I am engaging in self-delusion, if she appears spiritual and not severe then I know she is trying to guide me and that I need to listen ... I am learning a lesson.

faunabay

Jewel,
I'm so glad you got through the "dark, scary" parts of the dark lady.
It took me quite a while but I've worked through them also. -- for those who don't know the dark lady was my least favorite at first too.
She talks to me of strength now. Still a bit of the "woman scorned" but in a strong, go-for-it, don't let anyone stand in your way way! LOL
She still scares me abit, but not anywhere near how she did before.

emily2otters

not too long ago i was musing to myself that the dark lady looks like the youngest in a long line of powerful faeries, witchy women who developed and honed their magic over generations. she has inherited more power than her experience can easily contain. when i asked her to guide my dreams, i purposely chose the sage and the faery godmother to help her out and offer suggestions... voices of wisdom in her ear. she's learning fast, though, and no matter what the endeavor, i would certainly want the dark lady on my team.

MysticRose

I love the Dark Lady! I drew her card just today too. I get excited about her. She doesn't scare me except occasionally but then if I think about it I find it is my attitude about whatever it is that needs changing anyway.

I am really looking forward to tonight's dreams as I haven't noticed her presence today yet even though her card turned up... that leaves dream time. The last time she turned up I had pretty wild dreams so if the same happens again, at least I know they won't be hum drum boring.

Love, Light & Adventure,
:)

truthsayer

the dark lady makes me think of lilith, adam's first wife who refused to be ruled by him. the christian church tried to create her as something terrible and connected w/ the shadow side of our nature, satan, and evil. she makes me think of raw sexual desire that we repress w/ in ourselves. she has fully individuated herself as female. we're afraid to be ourselves b/c the old stereotypes of women are still so strong even tho women have far more rights than a century ago. we are still afraid what will happen to us if we become too free?

the dark lady contains both the high priestess(mysteries and secrets, the seed waiting to sprout underneath the soil--mother earth) and the empress(creativity being tapped from w/in either thru child bearing or filling the earth w/ your brainchildren. there are more than one way to give and continue after we are gone even if we don't leave heirs. she makes us look at any fears we have of death. without death there cannot be rebirth and the cycle of life continuing.

another side of darkness is that's where the seed begins to grow--whether in the womb or a plant seed. darkness is where the ultimate acts of creativity begin. to be afraid of the dark lady is to be afraid of who we are and what we are capable of if we are friends w/ our bodies and allow ourselves to live up to our creative potential if not thru child bearing then thru channeling the creativity that begins in the darkness w/ int to create anew in a world that needs changes and facing dark lady energies w/o fear.

okay, that's what dark lady tells me by looking at the card and not the book. hhhmmmm...very interesting. my interp was in the ball park of the book's suggestion.

Jewel

truthsayer said:
another side of darkness is that's where the seed begins to grow--whether in the womb or a plant seed. darkness is where the ultimate acts of creativity begin. to be afraid of the dark lady is to be afraid of who we are and what we are capable of if we are friends w/ our bodies and allow ourselves to live up to our creative potential if not thru child bearing then thru channeling the creativity that begins in the darkness w/ int to create anew in a world that needs changes and facing dark lady energies w/o fear.

Ohhhhhhh so true ... I am very artistic and creative but I am scared to death of trusting that and really going for it! ... I leave my creativity in the darkness.

Faunabay you and I perceive and experience the Dark Lady in exactly the same way ... I am soooo NOT surprised *LOL*

rosesred

sorry for digging up an old thread, but the dark one just has so much to tell. Although I think she'd rather have you to experience things for yourself, than telling you what you should do. ;)

She's showing herself a lot to me, these days. Both in readings and in life. She's both inspiring and driving me insane, but then again, that's what she's good at. I encountered her a few weeks ago, when I realised how upset I was by some of the changes in my life. Some changes are good, and I acknowledged this. Some changes are bad, and I acknowledged this. Yet somewhere in all the planning and adjusting I forgot to feel....

This was of course not a very healthy situation, and the dark lady tried to cure me of it in her own fashion. So now I'm perpetually in a period of dark moon. I cry for the things that are lost, and I mourn the chances I did not take. I cry for the partings that will come, and I cry for the decisions I'll have to make. I've retreated into myself, to think and feel things over, and this has helped although it only brought more crying. Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever stop crying.

The dark lady reminds me every time I pick her (which is pretty much all of the time) that this is just a phase, that this too, shall pass. She also reminds me that I'm not yet done crying....

September Pixie

Oddly enough I both love and hate her... I didn't realize how much my personality was reflected into her until someone posted back that I looked like her.. I understand her all too well.. for me she is both positive and negative, light and dark, yin and yang... my relationship with her is of course the same... I am very set in my ways and do not like change.. so i both look forward to her coming (change) and hate it when shes here.. (actually going through change)..

I welcome her wisdom, thank her for her kindness, and sometimes wish she'd leave me alone!! :) but alas.... what do you do when she is even connected to your soul? nothing, you just let her do as she pleases! I love her, she is one of my favorites in the deck... she has NEVER sent me in the wrong direction (hmm, i dont think any of my faeries have!!) and has ALWAYS been there for me in hard times reminding me that good things await just around the corner.. but sometimes we need to stumble to take notice of how far we have come.