Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews          Free Tarot Readings           What's New           Tarot Card Meanings

Decks You Wish You Hadn't Bought?

  > Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks




 
gregory's Avatar
gregory  gregory is offline
Cat on a cold stone roof
 
Join Date: 01 Jan 2004
Location: The world of the things that could have been.
Posts: 72,249
gregory 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddie
Tarot of A Moon Garden- So sad it could've been so great without the Barbie doll effect... Love that broken Barbie doll with legs stuck up lol... Get up you dumb plastic bitch, she must been shagging and whomever forgot to put her posable body back in shape so she could walk again....Tarot of the Old Path is a better version of what this deck is trying to be ( I lost my old path deck..cannot find it anywhere..I love that deck..looking for a cheap one..)...so sad...great colouring and concept in Moon Garden.
9 Cups ? FUNNEEE !
Top   #151
greatdane  greatdane is offline
The Lone Crone
 
Join Date: 16 Mar 2010
Location: ---------
Posts: 20,276
greatdane 
Turtlebite and Moonbow


I would love to know why and what it was about the decks that made you regret buying them. I know everyone is different, that's why I enjoy reading why people decided they did, or didn't, love a deck.

Thanks!

GD
Top   #152
turtlebite's Avatar
turtlebite  turtlebite is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 03 Sep 2009
Location: Lost in a dream
Posts: 231
turtlebite 

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdane
I would love to know why and what it was about the decks that made you regret buying them. I know everyone is different, that's why I enjoy reading why people decided they did, or didn't, love a deck.

Thanks!

GD
What it really comes down to it it's because I couldn't read with the Mystic Faerie. When I get a new deck I use it for my daily draws and all readings for awhile and I start to get a feel for them after awhile. With the Mystic Faerie many of the cards are the same or similar because of the way each suit is set up to tell a story and I guess I wasn't good at getting the nuances of each individual card. I kept trying and got frustrated, now even thinking about the deck makes me tense up. I didn't care for the Arthurian Tarot either but I don't regret buying it because thinking about it doesn't make me feel tense.
Top   #153
greatdane  greatdane is offline
The Lone Crone
 
Join Date: 16 Mar 2010
Location: ---------
Posts: 20,276
greatdane 
Thanks for sharing, Turtlebite


I find it interesting to learn why people wish they hadn't bought certain decks. Yep, tensing up probably not a good sign to hang onto a deck...
Top   #154
FaireMaiden's Avatar
FaireMaiden  FaireMaiden is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 25 Dec 2006
Location: Atop a mountain
Posts: 1,676
FaireMaiden 
Mystic Faerie


As a Collector, I buy lots of decks I don't particularly like. However, I buy & keep them as I think their value will increase in time... so, no-- as a rule, I don't regret my purchases.

Alas, the 'Mystic Faerie' did appeal to me, until I opened it up and was immediately repulsed by it... not in a menacing or malicious way, but more in a 'what a useless waste of time/can you even call this a tarot deck?' kinda way.

I traded it two days later as, to me, it's not even worth the paper it's printed on as a possible Collectible... and I'd never done that before, nor have I since, with any deck.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/mystic-faerie/
Top   #155
Carla's Avatar
Carla  Carla is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 13 Dec 2009
Posts: 7,047
Carla 

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlebite
What it really comes down to it it's because I couldn't read with the Mystic Faerie. When I get a new deck I use it for my daily draws and all readings for awhile and I start to get a feel for them after awhile. With the Mystic Faerie many of the cards are the same or similar because of the way each suit is set up to tell a story and I guess I wasn't good at getting the nuances of each individual card. I kept trying and got frustrated, now even thinking about the deck makes me tense up. I didn't care for the Arthurian Tarot either but I don't regret buying it because thinking about it doesn't make me feel tense.
I understand entirely! I've been trading away the decks that made me 'tense'. I've still got one to go: Lisa Hunt Fairy Tales. It makes me tense because there are just too many fairy tales to learn in order to use the deck, and I personally think that she sometimes illustrated scenes that were not all that evocative of the particular fairy tale once I did read them, and I have a hard time seeing a connection between some fairy tales and the traditional card meaning on a lot of them. And I don't like the writing style of the book--I really think she she should have had help with the storytelling aspect of it. And to be honest, I don't really enjoy the washed out look of the art work either. That was a case of clicking buy because I read a few gushing posts about it here. I've learned to be more cautious--but I also am a bit more aware of what I actually like than I was when I bought the 'tense' decks.
Top   #156
Crescent's Avatar
Crescent  Crescent is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 29 May 2008
Location: The Right Coast- USA
Posts: 376
Crescent 

My List of UGH decks
hanson-roberts.... cant get past the look of the deck, i gave it away to someone wanting to learn tarot

The Bling Decks... Estensi, boticelli and st petersburg..... if i can only sell these babies.. i would be a happy camper.. all 3 decks did nothing for me.

Zerner-Farber.. no connection at all.

Fairytale tarot... nope, not what i was thinking it was.. and what possessed me to buy it, ill never know. this too has got to go.

The China Tarot.. what a let down, didnt realize the minors were non illustrated.

Paulina... I couldnt see a thing...

Sun & Moon... i bought it, looked thru it.. said.. 'eww" and promptly found a home for it.



I wont go on... LOL
I have a tendency to collect tarot decks, so this is why my list is pretty long.
Top   #157
AnneLien's Avatar
AnneLien  AnneLien is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 16 May 2010
Location: Belgium
Posts: 231
AnneLien 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crescent
My List of UGH decks
hanson-roberts.... cant get past the look of the deck, i gave it away to someone wanting to learn tarot

The Bling Decks... Estensi, boticelli and st petersburg..... if i can only sell these babies.. i would be a happy camper.. all 3 decks did nothing for me.

Zerner-Farber.. no connection at all.

Fairytale tarot... nope, not what i was thinking it was.. and what possessed me to buy it, ill never know. this too has got to go.

The China Tarot.. what a let down, didnt realize the minors were non illustrated.

Paulina... I couldnt see a thing...

Sun & Moon... i bought it, looked thru it.. said.. 'eww" and promptly found a home for it.



I wont go on... LOL
I have a tendency to collect tarot decks, so this is why my list is pretty long.
China Tarot was such a disappointment!
Top   #158
quintessence's Avatar
quintessence  quintessence is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 12 Oct 2009
Location: Florida,USA
Posts: 3,165
quintessence 

As I get older, I regret 2 of the 3 minis I bought. I'd always keep my White Cats mini for my purse, but as I've gotten used to shuffling and reading from large cards I find that they literally open broader vistas to my intuition and the sitters really enjoy the larger pictures, too. I expanded my spreadcloth to accomodate, and now each reading looks like a tarot banquet!
Top   #159
AprilFool's Avatar
AprilFool  AprilFool is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 28 Dec 2006
Location: US, SE of the Gap
Posts: 560
AprilFool 

I hate to admit it, but Motherpeace just didn't do ANYTHING for me, and neither did Necomonicum. I'll be putting both over on the trading forum very soon.
Top   #160




 

 


Tarot Cards & Reviews          Free Tarot Readings           What's New           Tarot Card Meanings
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2020 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.