Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

Aeclectic Says Goodbye

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Talking Tarot

Citizen

yirabeth 

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmsma View Post
Been mostly hiding away since I got the news.

But staying away does not keep the end from coming.

Thank you AT, for your friendship, the sharing of your knowledge, for welcoming me as as one of your own.

I came to AT when I had no one else to turn to, no one I could share my love of tarot with. It quickly became my cyber home. I learned here. I laughed here. I made friends.

Thank you, everyone for the times we shared together.
(((((♥)))))
Top   #211
Citizen

Scarlet Woodland 

I thought i was ready to slip quietly away but there were some people I just had to come back and thank:

To all the wonderful people on the competition thread... you were so kind and supportive when my dad was diagnosed with cancer (happy to say he made a full recovery and has been cancer free since ). I will never, ever forget it .

Goodbye purple pages... your people were wonderful.
Top   #212
Citizen

lantana 

I only joined AT this year, but in those 6 months it already became such an important part of both my tarot practice and my life. As bittersweet as this ending is, it made me realize how many of you have become important to me, and I'm glad that I'll still see most of you in the future.

Thank you Solandia, for creating this place 17 years ago and keeping it running until now. Thank you to the mods for keeping everything running smoothly. Thank you to everyone here who shared their knowledge, hosted a community thing, or just made this forum such a fun and interesting place to be.

I would just like to say that, while AT as a forum might be closing, it will still live on in each of us. Every friend we've made, thing we've learned, reading we've done, spread we've crafted, deck we've bought... We'll carry it with us into the future.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Top   #213
Sad Oracle

danieljuk 

thanks euripides for starting this thread of last posts, what a great idea!

Thanks Solandia for creating this website and community for your vision of tarot and studying. All the hard work and hours you must have put into it, thank you

Thanks to all the Mods who have made this the safe space that it is. The senior mods who have always been here (well in my time here), the people who are no longer mods and all the current mods. The circle hosts who organised the monthly circle exchanges and anyone who has organised or given their time for furthering the community. Thank you

I came to AT in 2011 when I was in a very bad mental health situation and had picked up the cards again from my teen years. I kept searching google for answers as a beginner and it always led me here and so in the end I joined! I leave now in a better place. AT took me on a really unexpected journey exploring my divination and intuition skills, they are a huge part of me as a person that somehow I had repressed since my early 20's. I am really on a path now of coming into being who I am, I could see this backing up some old exchanges and what I asked then compared to now. I found my spirituality and divination skills through this forum but AT took me on so many paths of finding out new things! From Tarot to crystal ball reading to divining tea leaves and clouds, to interpreting dreams and symbolism, it was such fun and everything gave me something to work with really

Ultimately AT is about finding confidence, confidence to post your opinion about tarot matters or something you have learnt or studied, confidence to read for others (and how terrifying are the first exchanges!) and confidence to be exactly who you are as a person! I leave with more confidence.

I have learnt so much from AT from so many different people and I am taking so many friendships from here into my life. They have lasted my time here and some will probably be for life, I never expected that! I will miss seeing the posts from everyone on the boards.

If nothing ever ends, how can we welcome in the new and move forwards? I am so upset about it going but it was the beginning of a journey for me that I will carry on with and I can see real progress! Every time I do a form of divination, it will be influenced by many posts or ideas from people on this forum and that is the legacy of AT for me, it will always be a part of me. I think AT helped me find myself at almost every level!

Thank you everyone for being part of my experience, we can take what we learnt here and spread it as a community and keep it going!

all my love
Top   #214
My friends :(

RavenOfSummer 
Gratitude: my final words to AT

One month ago, a group of us began a Sacred Days of Midsummer journey to celebrate the Summer Solstice. I was inspired to create the spread and host the group reading after participating in last yearís Sacred Days of Yule reading hosted by the wonderful BlueDragonfly. It was my first experience hosting something at AT, and I was happy to be able to do this small thing to give a little bit back to the community that had come to mean so much to me in the short time Iíd been here.

I could not have imagined that just one month later, I would be writing my final post on the forum, preparing myself to say goodbye.

When I first joined AT (not so long ago!) I didnít post much. Indeed, I was intimidated by all of the members who were SO knowledgeable and experienced in tarot! But I soon discovered that the prevailing atmosphere here was designed so that EVERYONE could share and learn, regardless of their experience. And it didnít take long before I started sharing more. Iím so glad that I did, because I began to feel truly at home here.

Itís hard for me to believe my time here has been so short, because I feel I have grown so much during my time in this community.

This community has provided me with so many gifts. It has been a place where my passion for tarot could grow and thrive. It has deepened my understanding of tarot, and thereby fostered what I know will be a lifelong practice that continues to give me knowledge and insight into myself and my relationship with the world. It has given me courage to trust my intuition. It has given me friends, in an area of my life that otherwise would feel quite lonely. It has allowed me to be myself among people that accept me. It has been a place where I did not have to fear judgement for non-mainstream spiritual practices. It has been a place to share this journey I am on and to delight in the journeys of others, knowing that we are all on our own path and yet can share parts of our journey together. For all of this, I am truly grateful.

I want to say a HUGE thank you to the moderators, for their patience and dedication and allowing this community to be what it has been.

Deepest thanks to those from whom I have bought decks or with whom I have traded. I like to think that a part of your energy stays with those decks and I have the privilege of carrying it forward.

Profound thanks to all who let me read for them and who read for me as part of the reading circles. I have learned so much from you, both as a reader and for my personal journey.

And finally, thanks to all of you- for sharing your opinions, your ideas, your experiences, your news, your advice. Even if we didnít interact often, Iím sure I have read your posts and gotten something out of them. I appreciate you sharing of yourself and creating this community which I have been lucky to be a part of.

For those who did Sacred Days of Midsummer or would like to do it in the future- I DO plan to continue to host this group, and will be discussing with BlueDragonfly on how best to proceed so that we can hopefully keep Yule and Midsummer together. For those who are interested in updates on that, please reach out to me.

You can follow me at my blog, https://celestialrecognitions.wordpress.com/.

You can find me at the Tarot, Tea & Me, Cartomancy, and Eclectic forums as RavenOfSummer.

I know many of us will reconnect as we continue down this road.

Travel well, my friends.
Top   #215
Citizen

Stormdancer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by danieljuk View Post
thanks euripides for starting this thread of last posts, what a great idea!

Thanks Solandia for creating this website and community for your vision of tarot and studying. All the hard work and hours you must have put into it, thank you

Thanks to all the Mods who have made this the safe space that it is. The senior mods who have always been here (well in my time here), the people who are no longer mods and all the current mods. The circle hosts who organised the monthly circle exchanges and anyone who has organised or given their time for furthering the community. Thank you

I came to AT in 2011 when I was in a very bad mental health situation and had picked up the cards again from my teen years. I kept searching google for answers as a beginner and it always led me here and so in the end I joined! I leave now in a better place. AT took me on a really unexpected journey exploring my divination and intuition skills, they are a huge part of me as a person that somehow I had repressed since my early 20's. I am really on a path now of coming into being who I am, I could see this backing up some old exchanges and what I asked then compared to now. I found my spirituality and divination skills through this forum but AT took me on so many paths of finding out new things! From Tarot to crystal ball reading to divining tea leaves and clouds, to interpreting dreams and symbolism, it was such fun and everything gave me something to work with really

Ultimately AT is about finding confidence, confidence to post your opinion about tarot matters or something you have learnt or studied, confidence to read for others (and how terrifying are the first exchanges!) and confidence to be exactly who you are as a person! I leave with more confidence.

I have learnt so much from AT from so many different people and I am taking so many friendships from here into my life. They have lasted my time here and some will probably be for life, I never expected that! I will miss seeing the posts from everyone on the boards.

If nothing ever ends, how can we welcome in the new and move forwards? I am so upset about it going but it was the beginning of a journey for me that I will carry on with and I can see real progress! Every time I do a form of divination, it will be influenced by many posts or ideas from people on this forum and that is the legacy of AT for me, it will always be a part of me. I think AT helped me find myself at almost every level!

Thank you everyone for being part of my experience, we can take what we learnt here and spread it as a community and keep it going!

all my love
Top   #216
My friends :(

RavenOfSummer 
Gratitude: my final words to AT

I just posted this in a separate thread but will post here as well.

One month ago, a group of us began a Sacred Days of Midsummer journey to celebrate the Summer Solstice. I was inspired to create the spread and host the group reading after participating in last yearís Sacred Days of Yule reading hosted by the wonderful BlueDragonfly. It was my first experience hosting something at AT, and I was happy to be able to do this small thing to give a little bit back to the community that had come to mean so much to me in the short time Iíd been here.

I could not have imagined that just one month later, I would be writing my final post on the forum, preparing myself to say goodbye.

When I first joined AT (not so long ago!) I didnít post much. Indeed, I was intimidated by all of the members who were SO knowledgeable and experienced in tarot! But I soon discovered that the prevailing atmosphere here was designed so that EVERYONE could share and learn, regardless of their experience. And it didnít take long before I started sharing more. Iím so glad that I did, because I began to feel truly at home here.

Itís hard for me to believe my time here has been so short, because I feel I have grown so much during my time in this community.

This community has provided me with so many gifts. It has been a place where my passion for tarot could grow and thrive. It has deepened my understanding of tarot, and thereby fostered what I know will be a lifelong practice that continues to give me knowledge and insight into myself and my relationship with the world. It has given me courage to trust my intuition. It has given me friends, in an area of my life that otherwise would feel quite lonely. It has allowed me to be myself among people that accept me. It has been a place where I did not have to fear judgement for non-mainstream spiritual practices. It has been a place to share this journey I am on and to delight in the journeys of others, knowing that we are all on our own path and yet can share parts of our journey together. For all of this, I am truly grateful.

I want to say a HUGE thank you to the moderators, for their patience and dedication and allowing this community to be what it has been.

Deepest thanks to those from whom I have bought decks or with whom I have traded. I like to think that a part of your energy stays with those decks and I have the privilege of carrying it forward.

Profound thanks to all who let me read for them and who read for me as part of the reading circles. I have learned so much from you, both as a reader and for my personal journey.

And finally, thanks to all of you- for sharing your opinions, your ideas, your experiences, your news, your advice. Even if we didnít interact often, Iím sure I have read your posts and gotten something out of them. I appreciate you sharing of yourself and creating this community which I have been lucky to be a part of.

For those who did Sacred Days of Midsummer or would like to do it in the future- I DO plan to continue to host this group, and will be discussing with BlueDragonfly on how best to proceed so that we can hopefully keep Yule and Midsummer together. For those who are interested in updates on that, please reach out to me.

You can follow me at my blog, https://celestialrecognitions.wordpress.com/.

You can find me at the Tarot, Tea & Me, Cartomancy, and Eclectic forums as RavenOfSummer.

I know many of us will reconnect as we continue down this road. Travel well, my friends.
Top   #217
Resident

Lajila 

Thank you ATF for the great forum, with all the beautiful people and great threads to help all the people that are interested in tarot.
Thank you Solandia and all the mods for keeping this forum as a wonderful place for us all for so long!
Top   #218
Citizen

ana luisa 

"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard..." (Winnie the Pooh)

((((((((((( )))))))))))))
Top   #219
Citizen

Esk 

Well, I think this is my last post on this wonderful forum.
Thank you Solandia for creating it and be at the base of this community.
Thank you mods for your great job. I know some people found the moderating rules too strict, but I liked it that way and you managed to keep the forum on track.
Thank you hosts circles for being dedicated every months to these places where I learn so much. This is the newbie circle that gave me more confidence to read for others, so I really like this concept of circles, it's very helpful.
And of course, thank you to all members of AT for your knowledge, your help, your advices, your support!

I'm happy I've found this forum early in my tarot journey. It helps me a lot and gave me more confidence.
Of course I'm sad AT is closing, but everything has an end and I'm more than happy that it has existed.

Goodbye purple forum, you has made something surprising : making me like this color

Top   #220

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.