Daily De Jour

magpie9

This is a nice 6 card daily spread I came up with recently.

..................[1]...............[3]...............[5].............

...................[2]...............[4]...............[6]............

1]...Energy of the day
2]...Your energy today
3]...your goal today
4]...obstacle to your goal (place crossways)
5]...the best thing you can do
6]...the worst thing you can do

This has been road-testing well, I hope others find it useful, too!

The Kiwi

Tried your spread for today, and it came out pretty accurate. Has also offered some advice on how to handle some annoyances I've been experiencing today. Thanks!

magpie9

Glad you like it! Thanks for trying it :)

Espirito

Very nice!

Thanks for sharing

Marieve

This could be quite nice. I usually use just 3 cards for daily spread but I will give it a go tomorrow. Thank you

Chiriku

Over the years, I have tried all manner of daily card readings, from one card draws to three card positionless to Advice card- Theme card and -- oh so many permutations. And I always learn what I already know--that my fundamental nature remains antithetical to daily cards.

But I still always have my eye out for potentially interesting daily ideas, and this one has some usefully-worded positions. Especially "best thing I could do/worst thing I could do." I would use those as a 2-carder, even if not actually every day.

Good job, magpie.

This is a nice 6 card daily spread I came up with recently.

..................[1]...............[3]...............[5].............

...................[2]...............[4]...............[6]............

1]...Energy of the day
2]...Your energy today
3]...your goal today
4]...obstacle to your goal (place crossways)
5]...the best thing you can do
6]...the worst thing you can do

This has been road-testing well, I hope others find it useful, too!

magpie9

Over the years, I have tried all manner of daily card readings, from one card draws to three card positionless to Advice card- Theme card and -- oh so many permutations. And I always learn what I already know--that my fundamental nature remains antithetical to daily cards.

But I still always have my eye out for potentially interesting daily ideas, and this one has some usefully-worded positions. Especially "best thing I could do/worst thing I could do." I would use those as a 2-carder, even if not actually every day.

Good job, magpie.
Than you, Chiriku. I too am not good with dailys, so have spent a lot of time trying to find/make one that will actually be helpful to me. This one grew out of 2 3 card spreads I created and worked with (with ok results) for a while. One was: energy of the day/ best thing I can do/worst thing I can do. The other: Energy of the day/ my energy/ what I can do about it.
I combined/expanded them to this for a student I have who's Not An Easy Learner, in hopes he's be able to get some substance out of it. So far it's working well for him. :thumbsup:
It's lovely for people to be liking it! :heart:

ToddMen8302

I've never been good at daily spreads as 1-3 cards isn't enough info for me. If I sit down to do a reading, I want to do one proper. But thanks to someone I ran across on youtube, I was able to devise a spread that would work well for me as a daily. It's a fair amount of cards, but I think that the positions are simple enough to not be overwhelming. The technique of this spread is very adaptable, so feel free to alter it to suit your own needs. Basically the woman did what she calls a coffee reading, which just equated to her forming an anagram out of the word coffee to generate spread positions. I liked the idea, changed the words, and added the word tea to come up with my tea & coffee spread which I'll share below. I think it's a great spread for those learning tarot and even veterans may enjoy curling up with a nice cup of tea or coffee, their tarot journal, and pulling some cards for this spread.

------1-2-3------
---4-5-6-7-8-9---

1. Teaching - Lesson for the day.
2. Evaluation - Thoughts on the lesson.
3. Advice - Advice about the lesson.

4. Concern - Issue for the day.
5. Observation - Thoughts on the issue.
6. Focus - What you should focus on about the issue.
7. Forget - What you should not focus on about the issue.
8. Enlightenment - External input from higher self/power about the issue.
9. Ending - Projected outcome for the issue.

My favorite part about this is the adaptability of the spread. Simply pick a word, make an anagram, et voila! Instant spread. You can make your own personal spread using your name, or maybe your zodiac sign, or anything else that's a key word for you. Relationship and financial readings are the most popular. You could make a very quick and simple spread out of the word "love" or "money". Having a horrible day and need guidance? Make a spread from the word "ehf-yoo-si-kay". There are so many possibilities with this method.