Recommend me a book

blackroseivy

If one is interested in Jungian psychology, take a (very) deep breath and read Jung. The real Jung and the New Age "Jung" have only superficial similarities. The same goes for Quantum Physics and its New Age ape.

One book that is written from the point of view of Jungian depth psychology is the book "Apparitions and Precognition: A Study from the Point of View of C. G. Jung's Analytical Psychology" by Aniela Jaffe, his longtime secretary and colleague. He wrote the forward. It also goes under the title "Apparitions: An Archetypal Study of Death Dreams and Ghosts". This is the paperback which is affordable; I have the collectible hardback.

Note that it is not "death, dreams" but "death dreams", dreams having to do with death. I called this my bible for a while and have reread it many times. It deals with a write-in study done in the '50's in Switzerland. The analyses are intriguing and provocative. I highly recommend this book.

CharlotteK

I've been reading Learning the Tarot, by Joan Bunning (AT review), as well as Tarot Plain and Simple, by Anthony Lewis (AT review). I'm a beginner but there is a lot of room for me to grow in these books. I appreciate having different perspectives, and I especially like how they give a sense of how and why the cards have meaning within the context of the whole.

These are the only two general tarot books I have and I've found them really very useful. I'd like to read more once I finish the Duquette Thoth one (may be a while). Have got 78 degrees of wisdom top of the "to buy" list.

empress's dress

this is not a book. but playing games here on at are just so good for learning. the feedback is really helpful and you get to see so many styles.

decan

I know what I said above in this thread concerning Holistic Tarot and its 800+ pages, but I purchased it; it's for the bad season (fall and especially winter)!

Actually I don't know what happened, probably an unexpected courage impetus :D

kimtsan

Tarot Diva is a fun read. It's basically tarot + chic (fashion, recipes, very chick flicky)
Some of the chapters aren't really my cup of tea but I really enjoyed this fresh take on tarot. :)

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Posts referencing a pirate Russian site have been removed. Aeclectic works hard to protect the copyright of artists and authors and therefore doesn't allow the promotion of sites the break copyright.

Samikcha

Guys I am extremely sorry.I did not know that the site has copyright issues and I personally do not support such things and I am extremely sorry.

Sent from my SM-G360H using Tapatalk

empress's dress

My recommendation would always be for The Tarot: History, Symbolism and Divination by Robert Place. For history and for interpretation he just can't be beat! I highly recommend this to anyone interested in Tarot!

i love this book too. he is also an amazing writer! very witty.