Check it out, a free online course on astrology!

ccbmac

Greetings every one...

At the Barnes & Noble University, they are having a FREE Course (on-Line) about Astrology.

You can check it out @

http://educate.barnesandnobleuniversity.com/educate/bn/home/catalog/overview.jsp?productId=5580

Title: Astrology: Planets and Possibilities
Course Type: Online Instructor-led Course
Estimated Completion Time: 16 hour(s)
Session Length: 4 week(s)

Upcoming Sessions
August 5, 2002 - OPEN

Prerequisites
None. Just bring an open mind, a curious spirit, and a desire to find out more about yourself and your future

Description
See what the ancients wrote about the stars millennia ago and how this affects you today. The course discusses the planets, the Sun, and the Moon and how they bestow special characteristics on those influenced by these signs. You'll come away with a new appreciation of astrology and how your life's course relates to the heavens. At the very least, you'll be able to get much more information from the next astrological forecast you read.

Objectives
Learn what astrology can and cannot do for you and how to use it as a tool to make life choices, unearth your latent talents, and reframe challenges as opportunities for spiritual growth
Learn how to decipher the horoscopes you read in magazines, books, and on Web sites
Become familiar with the history of astrology and the Greek and Roman myths that inform the characteristics of each sign
Elements and modes, planets and constellations, rising signs and being born on the cusp: what does it all mean? Get to know the basics of practicing astrology, what the terms mean, and how all the facets of the practice work together

Course Materials
Planets and Possibilities: Explore the Worlds beyond Your Sign
The Year Ahead 2002
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Classical Mythology
A Whack on the Side of the Head
The New A to Z Horoscope Maker and Delineator

Course Creator(s)
Susan Miller
Susan Miller is internationally known as an accredited astrologer, author, and lecturer. She is the author of Planets and Possibilities: Explore the Worlds Beyond Your Sun Sign. Susan writes a monthly horoscope column for Self magazine and is the creator of www.astrologyzone.com.

AquarianGoddess

Chrissy,

Thanks for posting this for anyone wishing to partake. I believe it's required (or highly suggested) that the student purchase the book(s). But hey, other than that it's free and one doesn't have to leave their house.

AG

lunalafey

COOL

but I wish I DIDN'T HAVE to leave my house,
4 weeks/16 hours...bet some of that cuts into my hours of employment(they don't show the times)...bummer...

ccbmac

You don't have to leave your house.....

The GREAT thing about it is that you DON'T have to leave your home/work. You just log in when you can from Aug 5-the end of the 4 week class. You don't have to be available at any certain time, you just need to log in at least 5 times for your certificate.
Here's more info...........

Course Completion Certificates

Course Completion Certificates are available at no additional cost for all Premier Courses offered through Barnes & Noble University.

In order to be eligible for a Course Completion Certificate for a course, you must sign in to the message board for a course session as many times as there are lessons. For example, if a Premier course contains five lessons, you must sign in to the message board for that class at least five times.

Once a course session has ended, and you have met the sign-in requirement listed above, a link to Print Certificate will appear in the Course Completed column on your transcript for the course. Click on this link to print a personalized certificate for the course you have completed.

Please remember that since Barnes & Noble University is not an accredited institution, Course Completion Certificates should not be mistaken for college credit.

Lessons

Most lessons consist of multiple pages, and the page numbers will appear as links at the top and bottom of each lesson page; for example, a three-page lesson will display "1 2 3" at the top and bottom of each page, so that you can navigate easily between lesson pages.

Every lesson will have corresponding activities and assignments that reinforce what you are learning. Some assignments may ask you to complete outside reading. You can communicate with your classmates and instructor about assignments (and any other aspect of the course) on the course's Message Board.

Some lessons have quizzes that are to be taken upon completing the lesson. Quizzes consist of any combination of multiple-choice, true/false, and short-answer questions. You can retake a quiz as many times as you wish.

Access course lessons, assignments, and quizzes from the Message Board by clicking Enter Classroom. You can access a course lesson any time after it is posted and for up to one week after the last lesson is scheduled. Any activities, assignments, or quizzes that go with a lesson are posted along with the lesson.

lunalafey

*LOL*

lunalafey said:
but I wish I DIDN'T HAVE to leave my house,

what I ment by that was; I wish I did not have to go to work, *lol*

ccbmac

oh

Sorry, i guess i miss understood.

Keslynn

I'm already signed up and very excited. :) In fact, I just got the book in the mail yesterday, and it looks very interesting and useful. I also bought one of the suggested extra books as well. I'm hoping it'll be more useful/interactive than just reading through Astrology for Dummies, which is what I'm doing now. Not to malign the book because it is rather good, but it's always nice to discuss with others.

Anyone else going to be in the BNU class with me? It'll be nice to see some familiar "faces."

:TQS Kes

starfish66

I am!

Kes -

I'm going to be one of your fellow students. I'm off to find the book at a local store this evening.

:THIER Starfish

Laurel

I'm also going to be taking the class. I ordered the book from an online used book dealer on the 31st and they shipped it that very day. My fingers are crossed that it arrives on time. I'm really excited because I've never really studied astrology for astrology's own sake- I just learned the symbols and ideas as part of other occult studies.

Laurel

ccbmac

Wow

I'm glad that i was able to help out once again. :)

i too, am a fellow classmate, it would of been kinda of silly of me not to take it since i let everyone else know that it seemed like a great course, especially since it was basically free.

hope to "see" everyone in class :)