Sabian Symbols Study Group: Virgo 19 - #169

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: VIRGO
Degree: 19
Number: 169

Symbol: A SWIMMING RACE.

purple_scorp

I pulled this card on 18/8/6 in relation to a question that I asked regarding a symbol that would represent love with a man who's kind of showing some interest in me.

So, I was not happy to see that this was a card about competition and getting the upper-hand in a relationship.

And, Lyn says to watch out for predatory types, which also reaffirmed the villain card I drew from the Love pack for the same question.

I went on to draw a further two symbols, just to see if they were playing tricks on me but they were all not very positive. :(

with love
purple_scorp

tink27

A swimming race

This is what I 'feel' about this symbol purple_scorp. I eagerly await our discussion here.

The element of water....our emotions...our relationship to flow and fludiity...grace, movement, our fertility...our sexual awareness...soul searching...our desires.

Water is linked to the Moon. Water at the sacral chakra, brings a sense of movement, of bringing together separate parts in order to make them whole.

Through water we learn to navigate through our world of duality by polarizing them and using them to define and understand our world. A swimming race to me is of individual equality and/or relativity.

A swimming race, I see two men or two women or one man and one woman each within the confines of their own 'lane' using new ideas and techniques to break new ground with the other swimmers. Each would be personally committed to their hours of training, techniques, etc., to display their emotional security and personal power.

Alot of concentration and focus is required in the part of the swimmers. There is also self-identification going on here. We are plunging into a world of duality, inner, outer, self and other. Also an emotional identity. As the swimming race is repeated, we also feel a sense of security, allowing the swimmer(s) to emerge as separate selfs.

Emotionally reaching out for what one wants....

The flow of energy between swimmers is what gives each other stability. I know they are competing with one another, but it is that competition that motivates the both of them to trust their senses, their bodies, their minds and spirits.

In the negative we have two or more opposing forces gathering at a 'meet'. Each of these peoples needs are valid but are at cross purposes with each other. If they cannot fully express themselves, a block is triggered, it increases the energy of the opposite and we have a struggle, a will to win, we have stress.

Both these swimmers, if indeed we are talking two, are looking for approval and affection.

Can love and will synchronize with each other? Is this race in jest? In fun? What is it that both swimmers are wishing to attain at the other end? What will they feel when they reach the other side? Are they swimming for their local swim club, their country, for themselves?

Everything they have learned up to this time, will be addressed in the water. There is a lot of control needed here, feelings, thoughts, needs...therefore they must hold themselves in, while they move through the waters.

tink

purple_scorp

Hi tink,

I like the way that you interpret these symbols...maybe I should do away with the book for a while and just brainstorm everything that comes into my heart.

As I said in another thread, I have four planets in Scorp. My natal chart is very-heavily water-based. So, I feel a deep connection to water, but not one that makes me want to plunge into a pool, or jump into the ocean. But to sit quietly on the beach and watch the waves crash the shoreline, or to lazily peer into a still lake, or to catch the energy of a fantastic waterfall, or to wade through the coolness of a river, or to hear the trickle of a water fountain........brings me peace.

And so, water is about our emotions but water has many faces. It can be tumultuous like a raging sea, or serene like a pretty pond. We are made up of (what is it?) about 90% water. So, if water can change its own form, then we too are capable of such change.

I had forgotten about the different styles of race. You are correct when you say that sometimes, we might be racing just for a bit of fun. It doesn't always have to be a dog-eat-dog competition.

The subject of my question is a fun person, but also a deep and analytical thinker (just like me). We both question life and our place in it, and strive towards making ourselves and our lives better. When I read the book interpretations, the first thoughts that came were about mind games and trying to out-analyse each other.

In my heart, I believe that this person would be extremely supportive and nurturing and would probably share and encourage me to work towards not only my own goals, but joint goals too.

Interestingly, I pulled another two symbols, to check the validity of this one. The next symbol was a rabbi reinterpreting text to teach new ways from old scripts. And the last, was about a bird being trapped in a cage.

He is like the rabbi, trying to help people back onto their path. Coming up with new ways to explain old meanings.

And perhaps the last symbol was more about my current situation - and that he was a means to freeing me from the cage. Who knows???? It's all in the way you interpret, right?

But then, we probably shouldn't discuss those two extra symbols in here....lol! I feel like we're playing follow the leader and I'm leading you all around the sabian section......:)

with love
purple_scorp

tink27

purple_scorp said:
But then, we probably shouldn't discuss those two extra symbols in here....lol! I feel like we're playing follow the leader and I'm leading you all around the sabian section......:)

with love
purple_scorp

Ohh but this is such great fun purple_scorp! To discuss and learn and deepen our relationship with these awesome symbols.

If you don't take the plunge, you'll never know how this race will end up. I didn't know of the Scorpio energy you carry. No wonder you have the ability hear and see......we have not only the scorpion but the eagle and the Phoenix.

I'd like to see how you and this other will merge your powers and support one another. It feels good to me.....I feel a deep level of trust here.

And I am excited to read your interpretations on the symbols. I find this very stimulating!!

Oh! Yes we are 90% or more of water......an ocean of possibiltiies!!!

Love
tink

purple_scorp

Ah, but my heart is with the glass-bottomed boat boy! Though, I do feel a call of destiny to the rabbi/swimmer....for what purpose, I'm not sure.

The problem is.....the swimmer was giving me advice on the glass-bottomed boat boy......and now I'm starting to doubt his motives, given it seems like he had/has a conflict of interest. Maybe it's just his eagerness to begin our swimming race.

with love
purple_scorp

tink27

Perhaps a little jealousy?

To distance you from the glass bottom boat guy, he'll be able to relax to be with you without his defenses up, to be himself. Perhaps we are sensing a vulnerability here, a fear of abandonment.

Love

tink

purple_scorp

Wait! Who is jealous and who is fearing the abandonment?

p_s

tink27

Ohh not you! Sorry should have been clear!! It could be his way of saying, let me in...I'm the better guy...which of course does have to do with male pride.

I think that throughout our life especially adulthood, we unconsciously seek another who we hope will recame our vitality, our lost memory of Love, of Spirit, of Oneness that became subuded, restricted and surrounded by the flesh of our bodies.

I apologize I didn't make myself clear.

Love
tink

purple_scorp

hi tink,

There are threads woven finely that I haven't talked about.....so that's why I was confused.

I agree, he wants to show me he is the better guy! He keeps telling me how similar we are - and there are a lot of synchronicities.....but I also have a lot of synchronicities with the glass-bottomed boat boy too. It seems to be my life....but then I am always looking for signs, too.

with love
purple_scorp