The Hermit Spread

Glass Owl

The Hermit Spread (3) by Glass Owl

“Solitude is such a potential thing. We hear voices in solitude, we never hear in the hurry and turmoil of life; we receive counsels and comforts, we get under no other condition ...” ~ Amelia E. Barr

Take your deck to a quiet place, free of turmoil and imagine yourself walking the path of the Hermit. Leisurely shuffle your deck, taking as much time as you need, until you feel that it is time to stop. Turn over your deck and fan it, looking out for The Hermit. When you find him, pull The Hermit out along with the cards on either side of him. These are the cards that his lantern is casting its light upon. If the Hermit happens to be at one of the ends of the deck, view the cards as being in a circle and use the card at the opposite end of the deck to flank his other side.

Left: What you hear as The Hermit
What the voices tell you in solitude

Middle: You, The Hermit

Right: What you receive as The Hermit
What counsels and comforts you in solitude

hopena

I'll try this tomorrow ~ I'll take my cards outside, and see what comes up for me. :) (I enjoy your spreads.)

I also still owe you feedback in the Divination forum. (I haven't forgotten - things have changed in the situation, in a way.)

jrockwraith

This is a beautiful idea! I think this is just what I need to get me out of my Tarot rut! Thank you!

shiza

It is very cloudy this Saturday evening but still warm and very quiet. A perfect moment for the Hermit spread. It is a wonderful and peaceful spread. A quiet walk in solitude, thank you

alesia

Nice twist on the three-card draw - thank you, I may end up using this as a daily draw for a bit!

YDM42

Great accurate spread...

betille

Neat! I'll have to try this one.

Ambrosia

Cool.

I have in one of my books a similar spread though it uses either The Star card or Temperance, I can't remember now.

It could easily be adapted for other cards too. :)

ChristianReader

This spread is amazing.
Its very accurate!
I got the 6 of cups to the left and the Hierophant to the right!