The Kick In The Pants Spread (5) by Glass Owl

Glass Owl

Earlier today I misread the title of tiffanoodle's Kink in Your Plans spread as "Kick in the Pants spread." Upon realizing my mistake, I took it as a sign that I needed to come up a spread using that name.

So thank you, tiffanoodle, for being the inspiration for this one!

The Kick In The Pants Spread (5) by Glass Owl

---------------5-
----------4------
---- 3-----------
2--------------1*

*This card is the shadow card. Select it from the bottom of the deck.

1*. The Root: Why you need a kick in the pants.
2. The Goal: A goal for you to strive for.
3. The Reward: A benefit of fulfilling this goal.
4. Support system: What can help you achieve your goal. (Or at the very least, make the process more fun.)
5. Roll Up Your Sleeves & Get To Work: The action you need to take.

Alternate Version: For those of you who already have a goal in mind.
~ Look through your deck and select a card that you feel represents your goal. Place that card in Position 2.
~ Shuffle the cards and lay out the rest of the spread as shown above.

Wendywu

Great spread! I'm looking forward to trying this one out :)

Tarot Orat

Great spread! And I love the story of its inspiration. It's like the misreading was the kick in the pants to create the Kick in the Pants spread! I'll definitely try this one soon.

Karrma

It sounds like a great spread for kickstarting spring after the winter doldrums.

Amanda

Worked very well for me, I think! :thumbsup:

Cameron Connolly

This came out interesting for me. To summarise, I currently feel trapped, defeated, stuck, kind of waiting for a certain time to come because I believe it'll help. I basically feel like I could be doing much more than I am in my particular situation but feel too overwhelmed and lacking in confidence to do anything. (Now don't get me wrong, I don't take the negative approach to my situations, I stay positive but am just stating things as I genuinely feel inside, anyway, the is what I got):

1: The Root - King of Swords - My lack of confidence is holding me back, if I were to ground myself and think on a level-headed, planned basis I could achieve. I shouldn't feel trapped because it can't hold me down.

2: The Goal - King of Wands Rx - Not having too high expectations, aiming too high will result in failure and loss of faith, having all the power of the wand and not being able to create anything with it. I should be applying myself but being level-headed in order to use the power of wands efficiently and make things work.

3: The Reward - II of Cups Rx - Breaking away of certain relations that are holding me back, there are people involved.

4: Support: The Hanged Man Rx - If I stop hanging around and take action, it will provide mental support from the feeling of doing something and should help me cope.

5: Action Time: V Pentacles - This is my task to accomplish but taking it all on myself could be the problem of the King of Wands Rx. If I am going to do this I need some kind of support even if not direct, at least enough to know there is someone by my side always.

Well, hopefully that was interesting. At least, somewhat. :D