7 of Swords

poivre

Would anyone know what does the color of yellow means in this card?

I thought this was a card of sneakiness and now I wondering if it is a card of happiness.

First I thought all the yellow was deceit.
Second I thought maybe the person is happy because they are leaving a situation.

Any ideas on the yellow?
Thanks.

Centaur

I am not really sure about the meaning of the colour yellow, but I sometimes view this card as related to the use of tact... almost like using intelligence to get one's way, or to achieve something... the use of thought in manipulation. I have seen it appear in previous readings as representing a manipulative person.

Isn't yellow connected to the solar-plexus chakra? Although, I am not sure what particular connection this may have with the Seven of Swords.

Perhaps someone else can shed some light?

Sulis

I like to think of the 7 of swords as being a card about using your mind to get round a situation /problem solving.

Yellow is the colour of the intellect, it corresponds with the air element and is often used to represent air or the mind in magic. Maybe that's why there is so much yellow in this card. I very rarely interpret this one as deceipt.

Love

Sulis xx

CreativeFire

Sulis said:
I like to think of the 7 of swords as being a card about using your mind to get round a situation /problem solving.

Yellow is the colour of the intellect, it corresponds with the air element and is often used to represent air or the mind in magic. Maybe that's why there is so much yellow in this card. I very rarely interpret this one as deceipt.

I also associate yellow to intellect, thought - but had not made this conscious association with the colour in this card. Thanks Ros, for posting the thread and Sulis for your thoughts on the using your mind to get round a situation / problem solving as this is a card that I sometimes have difficulty with in readings. Your idea makes sense to me.

I guess you could also make the connection that usually any sort of deceit or maneuvering takes thought and planning in a persons mind as well.

CreativeFire

Centaur

Sulis said:

Yes, almost like using one's mental agility in order to solve a problem. Thanks for the information re. the colour yellow and the intellect. It would certainly very much be in line with the idea of this card as connected to problem solving and mental agility. Also, in another interpretation of this card, it sometimes represents a rather sneaky person, or a back-stabber. I think again that the idea of the intellect fits in very well with that, in that the best kind of back-stabbers are the one's that do it sneakily and with skill. Eeeek! Hehehe.

:)

Penelope

ros said:
I see it as daylight, dawn, like on the Fool. He is a merchant finishing his business ~ the old early bird.

Tor

I've heard that yellow roses means deceit, so this makes sense.

Fulgour

ros said:
Most of the Swords pips have water... but not the 7.
I think too, the yellow makes it stand out as special~
7 is an important number: Visionary, Mysterious...

kwaw

Centaur said:
Also, in another interpretation of this card, it sometimes represents a rather sneaky person, or a back-stabber.
:)

This interpretation would fit in with yellow being called the 'Judas' colour, symbolising treachery.

Kwaw

Fulgour

kwaw said:
This interpretation would fit in with yellow being called the 'Judas' colour, symbolising treachery.
Ouch! The 7 of Swords is about Rational Self-Interest ~ not Judas!