the Ludy Lescott Tarot - one to look out for

Shade

Beautiful work, the below image was also labeled Tarocchi LL; the lemniscate suggests? Strength? And the Ladybug?

He has a thing for femme fatales (and I do too so that's perfect).

Attachments

• LL.jpg
    LL.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 254

HuskyChariot

Shade said:
Thank you Cerulean! We've been in need of a new enigmatic tarot reader for a while now! Maybe Ludy is like a modern day Madame Sosotris or Maddalena.

I am dying, DYING to see what the Magician card looks like. Anyone else have a card from this deck they are on pins and needles about?

Strength, without a doubt, can't wait! Also the Moon...

Essjay

Shade said:
Thank you Cerulean! We've been in need of a new enigmatic tarot reader for a while now! Maybe Ludy is like a modern day Madame Sosotris or Maddalena.

I am dying, DYING to see what the Magician card looks like. Anyone else have a card from this deck they are on pins and needles about?

I can't wait to see the Hermit. It's one of my favourite cards. Also the star :)

Shade

Essjay said:
They look like the Queen of Wands and the Queen of Coins. Thank you for that link :)

I thought so too but they are listed as aces.

Shade

Queen of Pentacles is up on Lo Scarabeo's Facebook page and she's looking rather lovely. A beautiful throne in a garden of roses. I do think there is something "off" about her rabbit's face; it's forehead seems inflated somehow.

Natural opulence, a great Queen of Pentacles.

shadowdancer

yep - and again could be two angles. Is she the cause of the glowing bloom or is she reaching for that particular one because it is glowing?

Rabbit looking scared, or subservient?

davina

shadowdancer

so... anyone received this deck who can share some thoughts??

I had it on pre-order with amazon, then waited forever to be told they didn't have it in stock etc. So order was promptly cancelled.

There doesn't seem to be much discussion about this deck and I am still wanting to know more about it. A re-order via another source may be made but if anyone has insights first it would be appreciated :)

Davina

VGimlet

I think it's out in the US in September-ish?

Too lazy to go look, LOL. I know I have it pre-ordered. :D

shadowdancer

yeah the LS version though I think was out earlier in Europe. Does get confusing at times with the release dates often being different of LS and Llewellyn

Davina