S.O.S spread

Kazmi

Hello :)
I've come across a nice, easy spread for newbies, it belongs to a tarot reader from my country Sagie Mendelboim's (spelling problem :p) teacher - a woman called Loren...

I didn't find the spread in English so I decided to share.

This is a three card spread, designed to answer "yes"/"no" questions, but can be used nicely with every type of question when you are interested in a direct answer...

The spread looks like this -
1 2 3
(well, pretty easy...)

1 - opposing/supporting force
2 - the direction of the querent/the answer
3 - opposing/supporting force

The second card is of utmost important - it is the answer. The "yes" or "no", or perhaps a message for the querent.
The middle card can hold a deeper meaning of the direction the querent is going to (for good or bad) with which the querent needs to make peace with :p.
When reading it we'll read it something along the lines of "in the near future you are going in a direction of..." and derive the answer from there. For example the Sun can be a very positive card in this spread which would mean... Yes.
Many times the cards hold a message more than a yes or no (for example, when the answer depends on the querent himself!) and we read it more along the lines of a message.

The first and third cards can take one of two positions - what is supporting the answer (or what helps the querent regarding the question) OR what is opposing (or what could fail the querent)... Usually positive cards are supporting and negative are opposing, but it might also depend on the question as well (especially with neutral cards, like courts).
There could be TWO oppsing cards or TWO supporting cards or one opposing card and one supporting card. Obviosuly it has an effect on the answer.

The answer of the cards we derive from all three cards -
Can the main card can execute the direction the querent walks in (are there too many things opposing?) - and if there are opposing forces which are they and how strong they are, and supporting forces - which are they and how strong they are.

I hope that makes sense :p
I usually take the center card as a message, and don't read it as suggested, it complicates things and I believe there are deeper meanings in everything and what the card has to say is important, and sometimes take the cards on the sides as "why", the reason to the answer. It all depends on the question and on what the main card reflects.
Enjoy!

Dolphin_Dreamer

Interesting spread will have to give it a try.. Thanks for posting ;)