Venus in scorpio and mars in capricorn reception?

Sharla

Am i understanding this correctly ? This is regarding horary.

This is regarding receptions, that i'm still trying to get my head around....

So Him being venus in scorpio and me being mars in capricorn, venus is peregrine in capricorn so he doesn't really know how he feels or what he wants to do with regards to me next.

Me being domicile in his sign scorpio, would this show that i want him, or is this him receiving me ? So he'd be willing to accept me back ? So he'd be willing for things to go back to how they was, but as he's in peregrine in my house, he's maybe not sure if i even want him anymore......am i on the right track ?

Also him (venus) being 9 degrees scorpio, then he's in my (mars) face i think, if i'm doing it correctly. But what would this mean ?

Then also him in the sign he's in is making him detriment, so he's not happy with me as he's feeling hurt by what i've said and done.

Also scorpio is in mars triplicity too.

Sharla

As a little story, the way i'm seeing this is....

Venus is not happy at present where he is (venus in scorpio = detriment), mars has put him in this intense feeling (scorpio), venus is a benefic planet and has been hurt easily by the malefic planet (mars). Venus is feeling really hurt by what mars has acted like.

Venus is feeling like he doesn't know if mars even wants him anymore and he doesn't know what to do, he's feeling really confused about his next move(peregrine) in capricorn.

Mars he is willing to forgive, as he is willing to receive mars in his house (mars in domicile of his house scorpio). As venus is in detriment he is feeling weak and mars has the upper hand over mars , as she is in exaltation.

Lord 7 does happen to be in the 1st house too.....venus is very much into mars, maybe more than he is willing to let on.

Venus being faster than mars, and also being in an angular house (action), makes venus realize that it has to be him to make the first move....as mars is quite happy being in exaltation in capricorn,and in a succedent house, She is not planning on making any sort of move towards him.

Sharla

As its a day chart, then venus is in its triplicity in capricorn......so i don't think venus is peregrine after all.

So this is also a reception, and this being the 3rd essential dignity, is not bad at all.....so what i know so far about triplicity is that there is a lot of warmth and interest from that person, but probably just in a friendly way.....or could be even on the bridge between friendship and love.

Minderwiz

Reception strictly speaking involves one planet in aspect to its ruler; for example Venus in Scorpio sextile Mars in Virgo. Mars receives Venus into Scorpio and the reception boosts Venus in her detriment.

Note for simple Reception the aspect is essential but it isn't necessarybfor the ruler to be in one of its own dignities, though if it is, that boosts the reception. I the example yo give Mars is in Capricorn, which is its Exaltation. So Venus s in a strong reception, providing that there is an applying aspect.

There is a stronger form, Mutual Reception. Here each planet is in a dignity of the other, ideally an exchange of domiciles,; Mercury in Aries sextie Mars in Gemini. For Ruler/Ruler Mutual Receptions, Lilly would even allow there to be no aspect; Mercury in Aries and Mars in Virgo.

Lilly went further in that he allowed mutual receptions as long planet 1 was In some dignity of planet 2 and planet 2 was in some dignity of Planet 1. An aspect is still needed.

In your case Venus is in Scorpio, red by Mars and Mars is in Capricorn, which is not only it's Exaltation but is also part of the Earth Triplicity, ruled by Venus in a day chart. So there is Ruler/Triplicity mutual reception. As you have already noted, Venus is also the ruler of the Water Triplicity and thus in one of its own dignities.

So this situation is bubbling over with dignity but the applying aspect is still needed for the matter to be perfected.

Sharla

Reception strictly speaking involves one planet in aspect to its ruler; for example Venus in Scorpio sextile Mars in Virgo. Mars receives Venus into Scorpio and the reception boosts Venus in her detriment.

Note for simple Reception the aspect is essential but it isn't necessarybfor the ruler to be in one of its own dignities, though if it is, that boosts the reception. I the example yo give Mars is in Capricorn, which is its Exaltation. So Venus s in a strong reception, providing that there is an applying aspect.
So because mars is in exaltation in capricorn, this gives venus a strong reception....because ? I thought it would be mars who has the strong reception, as also mars has dignity in scorpio.
Bear with me Minderwiz i'm still trying to get the jist of this lol.....it may take some time.
There is a stronger form, Mutual Reception. Here each planet is in a dignity of the other, ideally an exchange of domiciles,; Mercury in Aries sextie Mars in Gemini. For Ruler/Ruler Mutual Receptions, Lilly would even allow there to be no aspect; Mercury in Aries and Mars in Virgo.
Yes im aware of the mutual reception, of then not needing an aspect. So mercury in leo and sun in gemini would be mutual reception, where two people are willing to work together. This is how im understanding it.
Lilly went further in that he allowed mutual receptions as long planet 1 was In some dignity of planet 2 and planet 2 was in some dignity of Planet 1. An aspect is still needed.

In your case Venus is in Scorpio, red by Mars and Mars is in Capricorn, which is not only it's Exaltation but is also part of the Earth Triplicity, ruled by Venus in a day chart. So there is Ruler/Triplicity mutual reception. As you have already noted, Venus is also the ruler of the Water Triplicity and thus in one of its own dignities.

So this situation is bubbling over with dignity but the applying aspect is still needed for the matter to be perfected.

There are dignity's yes i agree, BUT no applying aspects whatsoever.....infact not even no separating aspects between them, which i think is strange.

As this was a yes or no answer chart, then as there are no aspects would this be a NO as the matter can't be perfected ? Because the way things are materializing since doing the chart, the situation is moving towards a YES.

Minderwiz

So because mars is in exaltation in capricorn, this gives venus a strong reception....because ? I thought it would be mars who has the strong reception, as also mars has dignity in scorpio.
Bear with me Minderwiz i'm still trying to get the jist of this lol.....it may take some time.Yes im aware of the mutual reception, of then not needing an aspect. So mercury in leo and sun in gemini would be mutual reception, where two people are willing to work together. This is how im understanding it.

Venus is the planet being received. Imagine Venus as checking into a hotel managed by Mars. Venus can afford to pay Mars (there is an aspect) and Mars offers her a room. Venus is now welcome in the hotel and Mars will do his best for her.

Mars is really liked by the his own boss,, Saturn, who pays him well and gives him a free hand to lavish Venus in luxury.

If Mars was in Cancer, his boss, Moon, doesn't think much of him at all and consequently pays him a pittance. He still feels he needs to do his best for Venus but this doesn't amount to much. Venus does best when Mars is dignified.

Sharla said:
There are dignity's yes i agree, BUT no applying aspects whatsoever.....infact not even no separating aspects between them, which i think is strange.

As this was a yes or no answer chart, then as there are no aspects would this be a NO as the matter can't be perfected ? Because the way things are materializing since doing the chart, the situation is moving towards a YES.

Yes/No answers often don't need an aspect but for the answer to be yes the significators and the Moon need lots of essential and accidental dignity.

The specific question and the context may dictate what dignities are required, thus in a 'Does she love me?' horary with the querent signified by Saturn (Capricorn rising) we would want the Moon to be in major dignities of Saturn in order to give a yes answer.

In your case you have to ask whether action is required to deliver the 'Yes' answer. No action is required if the question is 'Does he love me?' H either does or he doesn't have tht feeling.

'Will he propose?' requires some action on his part, to get a 'Yes' answer. That action would be shown by an applying aspect. Note that he can propose even if he doesn't love you, so it would be much better if his significator's in major dignities of your significator... He loves you.

Also a proposal doesn't have to be accepted. You might not like him and you might not want him to propose but he's besotted by you (in the exaltation of your significator).

For an acceptance we would want a mutual reception, preferably with an applying aspect. Imagine Venus in Scorpio in the first and Mars in Taurus in the seventh with an applying opposition. A mutual Reception and symbolically giving themselves to each other.

Sharla

Update on this....the question was a yes/no.... and the answer turned out to be a yes.

So yes there were no applying aspects between us, and even no separating aspects, but there was quite a bit of essential dignity between us which like minderwiz has pointed out, can then indicate a yes.

scorpiogirl

Update on this....the question was a yes/no.... and the answer turned out to be a yes.

So yes there were no applying aspects between us, and even no separating aspects, but there was quite a bit of essential dignity between us which like minderwiz has pointed out, can then indicate a yes.
Can we see the chart?

Sharla

Can we see the chart?

Don't know how to post chart so here's details.

3rd October 2016, 1.26pm, Nuneaton England.

Question was "does x want to see me again" ?

I used regiomontanus style.

scorpiogirl

I got Sagittarius rising.