reading at psyhic fairs

Grizabella

Maybe that would be a good topic for a new thread, Francesca. I haven't seen anyone post a question like that before and I think it would be interesting. I'll take the liberty of posting it as a new thread. Hope you don't mind, but it would be very interesting to see what people's input on that question will be. I'll give you credit for having asked the question to start with though. :)

cyan

oh wow, consulting her personal tarot journal is a wonderful idea, Francesca! even if much had been gleaned from others it would still be one's own take on the tarot.
i have a personal interest in this because several friends have told me i should read professionally. problem is i have one of those appalling memories that someone refered to earlier in the thread. i have ADD and only my deep interest in tarot has kept me working at it. i always carry 78 degrees and 1 or two other books with me when i go to gatherings where i might be asked for a reading. somewhere in the reading my mental circuts will fuse and i will be looking at a card and not quite know what it's telling me about it's position in the layout. in my mind i will be frantically searching through my mental files getting more and more panicy. usually if i just check in the book i seem to know where to search in my mind. that probably doesn't make much sense but it's what seems to be going on.
when my friend told me about this reader who consulted books, she said, if that reader could do it, why not me?
of course, i'm not nearly ready to do anything of the kind but it got me thinking.
chow, cyan
ps, no i can't do internet readings. at least i don't think so because half my talent with tarot depends on the fact that i read people better than i read the cards. it's my one real and nearly effortless talent.

bandido

original post & community

The original poster said something that may have gotten lost in the thread but it is a pertinent aspect to the comment - "support for the community." There is a difference between strictly *cold* (pardon the phrase) decidedly for-profit "psychic fairs" and those which are done in the spirit of community and friendliness. I've been to both. Did payment go directly to a reader/organizer split or was a portion given back to particular group? This may be a rather quixotic and perhaps naive vision of mine, but I've always wished there could be a "sub-category" of psychic fairs in which mini-readings could be done for donations to the Red Cross, e.g., or other disaster relief. If I paid $5.00 for a quickie 3-card reading and the reader had to refer to a book, I wouldn't feel so bad if I knew the money was going elsewhere - and not necessarily as a 'reward' for the reader's incompetence. If, on the other hand, I paid more than that and there was no indication whatsoever it was for charitable purposes, I would be deservedly ticked off and demand my money back.

Just a minor detail I do not see acknowledged. Thanks. :)

BemboBimbo

Psychic Fair Information Query

Hi, I'm wondering how to get information about doing readings at fairs. Thank you, Bembo Bimbo