What spread should be used?

sunny2

I am wanting to broaden my horizons and do readings consisting of more than 3 card spreads. The problem I have is i'm not able to connect to working with the celtic cross, maybe it's the way I approach it and because i'm not used to doing it but I find it complicating. I must be doing something wrong and really need help and guidence with this, a personal teacher would help, lol.
I appear to do ok until I reach the staff, for instance a friends reading shown her hopes and fears of the situation were negative (card rev) when we both knew she wanted good and positive things from it. I can't recall the card used but I just lost it after that and couldn't make sense of the reading.I checked the book but still it made no difference.
I am reclutant to try it again so can anyone tell me which spread is preferred by people when doing one to one readings? OR do I have to figure this layout out?
Any help received will be appreciated, thanks.
love sunny

pepperi

spreads

I use the wineglass spread which uses nine cards. Your method of reading required too much thinking. When reading someone stop trying to make "sense" of the reading because sometimes it doesn't but it means something or will mean something to the querent. I get that a lot while I'm typing or speaking to someone on the phone, I won't understand and they won't understand for the moment. Later on they understood the meanings and it turned out to be very important. Another thing that might be helpful, sometimes when your reading for someone the questions they ask are not what the spirits want to answer because it might not be too important. For example, I notice that some people will request a love reading, when they should be focusing on fixing their money situation or home life. Hope this helps you!! Be blessed Kat

okieinalaska

Sunny2 why don't you post the layout and the cards your friend drew with your thoughts on it in the Readings forum. Maybe someone can then point you in the right direction in regards to that particular layout. : 0 )

Amy

Moonbow

I generally like to keep my spreads quite easy to remember and sometimes I don't even use a spread, I just draw cards and read them like a story. You could try this. A spread that I do sometimes use though, is the pyramid spread:

First row = The issue
Second row = The choices about the issue
Third row = Underlying forces
Fourth row = Advice from the cards

Its easy to remember and can be applicable or adapted to most questions. Sometimes it's good to have this many cards when reading for others too. I know what you mean about the CC spread, I think this one leaves more to interpretation and imagination.

Catpaw

Moonbow, thank you for posting your spread. I too often don't use a particular spread - just shuffle and go with the flow of the cards drawn...I do like your spread though and plan to use it.

okieinalaska

Moonbow, I will give your spread a try! Thank you for posting it. : )

Amy

sunny2

Thank you all for your words of support, you've all given me something to think about. :).
Kat, I'll try your suggestion of the wine glass spread and see how it goes.

Amy, I have forgot which cards I used but if I do get confused again with any cards I'll definately post it up along with my interpretations to see if others can direct me. I would never thought of doing that so thanks for your suggestion.

Moonbow, thanks for posting the pyramid spread you use I will have a go at that so thanks for sharing.

Appreciate all help given, you have been so kind,:))))))))))

okieinalaska

Your welcome sunny2. : )

Moonbow, I used your spread and posted a reading I did in the "your readings" section. I will definately do this spread again.

Thanks,
Amy

Khaelo

pepperi,

I can't find the wineglass spread. Is it posted somewhere? What kind of spread is it?

sunny2

Hi Khaelo,
I put in a search for the "wineglass tarot spread" over the internet and found the spread on a site there.
not sure if I can put the site up that's why I have mentioned for you to do this.
hope you manage to find it:)