Group dynamics

rainwolf

Three others and I work very closely togther under a common supervisor. Each of the four of us also supervise staff (between 5 and 8 people per staff). I have a close relationship w/ our supervisor - the other three do not. There is also tension between the people we supervise and our supervisor. There have been a couple of conversations in which my colleagues have confronted our supervisor about behavior they considered to be inappropriate, but it left her feeling attacked and defensive, and produced very little in the way of positive results. Recently, we've had another small mishap, and we're heading into another group meeting on Friday. I know that my colleagues want to bring up certain subjects again with her, and while I also support my staff and want to make her aware of issues, I don't want to end up with the same end result of our meeting. I feel like the root of these issues is that people aren't really listening and hearing each other, nor are they trying to understand where other people are coming from or the factors that might be playing into why they act they way they do. And I'm not sure what role I should play in this.

Wow, long story. I guess what I'm asking for is a spread that helps me reflect on the group dynamics: where the major players (my 3 colleagues, my supervisor, and I) are coming from, what the true root of the tension is (and I recognize it may be different for each person), how are each of my 3 colleagues and I are affecting each other, how our supervisor views us, what path(s) we could head down, and what role, if any exists, is the best one for me to play at this current time, etc. I would really appreciate any help you can give me! Thanks so much!

For this question I felt that there were two areas to do readings for, so two spreads were made; one for the collegues and supervisor, and the other for the conflicts.

Effects:

1,2,3,4 makes a cross, which represent conflicts
2,5,6 make a triangle which represents harmonics
7,8,9 make a path which is the path to head down

Collegues:

1,2,3,4 are collegues. You may assign them if you want, but they can give general principles of each person. You can also apply them to elements (1-fire, 2-water, 3-air, 4-earth) to show how the energies are working. You can apply elemental dignities to see how this works. This would be an advanced way of looking at the situation and would give a lot of informaiton, and there is more info on elemental dignities(ED's) on aeclectic if you do a search.
5 is the root of tension; you can make lines from 5 to 1,2,3,4 and this is the whole root.
6 is the supervisors view collectively

Bonnie

Work Spread

------------------------------Work Spread

-----------------------------------9 10

--------------------------1 2.....3 4.....5 6.....7 8

1. What co-worker #1 brings to the work environment.
2. What co-worker #1 needs to get back from the work environment.
3. What co-worker #2 brings to the work environment.
4. What co-worker #2 needs to get back from the work environment.
5. What co-worker #3 brings to the work environment.
6. What co-worker #3 needs to get back from the work environment.
7. What you bring to the work environment.
8. What you need to get back from the work environment.
9. What your supervisor brings to the work environment.
10. What your supervisor needs to get from the work environment.
11. The group environment as it stands now.
12. Group goals.
13. Group challenges.
14. Hidden information.
15. What actions will help the work environment.

In this spread, the personal dynamics form a triangle inside of the square that represents the dynamics of the group's work goals.

StarryWhim

Thanks!

Hi there all - I've already thanked Rainwolf for his help, and Bonnie - this looks great! I think I'll be able to get wonderful insights from each of these! Thank you both so much for your help!
:)