Dusserre Dodal - Tarot de Marseille

thinbuddha

kb2000 said:
...so I guess this will be destined for Ebay over the weekend.....

Now we're talking!

I have no doubt that I will be outbid (I want it, but maybe not as much as others here will want it). I will be fascinated to see how much it goes for.

prudence

Yes, it will be an interesting auction....

Anyone have any guesses about the price?

Do these decks go for more than 100 (US$)?

Oh, how I wish they'd just reprint the entire deck. :(

Papageno

euripides said:
We're all mad. We should be, like "Dodal? What, that old thing? Nah, nobody's interested these days. I'll take it off your hands if you want rid of it. Tell yah what, I'll swap it for a nice shiny new deck of Bicycle Poker cards, ok?"

Yeah really!!!............what's the matter with you guys :laugh:

well, I won't be bidding so that's one less person to worry about. :)

don't give up hope so soon, you never know, there have been quite a few gems on eBay lately and very very few bidders. I think some people got away with murder on those auctions.

and it's tax time...........that might deter some people. keep your fingers crossed.

Moonbow

They do come up on ebay, I've seen them and the last one went for a very reasonable price. Infact I PM'd someone here on Aeclectic about it (I already have one), but it went to someone else, also a member here.

I really hope it goes to someone who appreciates what they have. What a great find kb2000.

euripides

I asked Tarotgarden and Jeannette said I was the first person who'd contacted them about it, so it can't be THAT sought after.

le pendu

Wow, that is amazing. Maybe we've created our own myth about it?

There's a total of 7 or so people out there that want it?

Abrac

I'm not sure if I will bid or not. I'm waiting to see it and find out what all the fuss is about. Hopefully kb2000 will post some good pictures of it.

Umbrae

Now this is an opinion, so don't get too excited.

The Dusserre Dodal is indeed sought after, but by 'purists', historians, and TdM aficionados.

For a while now we have been bombarded by really nice pretty decks.

The Dusserre Dodal is reproduced. It's not prettied up. Out of the box, some card images appear worn, some look redone, because it's a reproduction of a museum piece, not a recreation – and not 'rectified' or corrected in any way.

So it's really really cool.

I remember seeing Major Tom's, he smirked at my unabashed lust for it, and he would not part with it.

It really is a must have in the serious Tarotists collection.

It's also very readable...cuz...well...it's a TdM.

euripides

Nooo! Umbrae! SSSHHHHHH !!!! *slap*

Its an ugly stupid old deck that nobody wants, OK !!!???? Anyone who loves tarot should support contemporary Tarot artists and go buy something from Lo Scarabeo, they've got some very fine editions.

There's a very nice reconstructed version available, isn't there? Properly painted with colours that line up. You guys would MUCH rather have that one...