What's so great about the Jacques Vieville Tarot?

strings of life

MoonGypsy said:
Wow Aurarcana! That was really an incredibly good price for the Vieville! Less than half of what it usually goes for! [on average] Enjoy!

Hugs and Blessings,
MGxxx
Actually, I wasn't sure how much it went for, but after some research on threads here, it seems that it fetched upwards of $100 a while ago and went as low as $55 in the last sale here. I feel like the deck found me. I stopped searching for one about 8 months ago!

I'm definitely interested in your opinions about it MG.

I am thrilled, really. It's the details like this that have caused me to swoon. I have to make an index of the threads here and read them extensively at some point.

conversus

Auracana:

You have found, or been found by, one of the neatest of the historical decks. It has such humor and detail and intriguing twists. I fell in love with it. also I would say that you got a really good price for a really amazing deck.

I hope that you enjoy it!

Wishing you Peace and All Good:
CED

Le Fanu

aurarcana said:
Actually, I wasn't sure how much it went for, but after some research on threads here, it seems that it fetched upwards of $100 a while ago and went as low as $55 in the last sale here.
The last one I bought (and over the years I have bought 4; one went to Anam_Cara, 3 for me) cost me 25 euros. That was just over a year ago. I just walked into a shop in Madrid and they had some in stock for 25 euros. It never crossed my mind to empty the shelves. I just - idiotically - walked out with one... But I bought it as a new "in stock" deck. I think they pop up more in Europe than they do in the U.S though.

Debra

aurarcana said:
This thread and a few others have so much information :thumbsup:. I'm particularly interested in Debra's thread: Vieville through a beginners eyes. Anyway, just wanted to revive the this thread. Now I have to wait for it to arrive. It looks old, mystery, dramatic and quite curious.

Old, mysterious, dramatic and quite curious--exactly!

I'd love to see more contributions to the "Beginner's Eyes" thread I started. I fell deeply in love with this deck the moment I started looking at the cards--they're hilarious.

strings of life

Debra said:
I'd love to see more contributions to the "Beginner's Eyes" thread I started. I fell deeply in love with this deck the moment I started looking at the cards--they're hilarious.
It arrived. It's...strange and perfect. I'll be reviving your thread, no doubt about it.

garmonbozia

If anyone is looking for one, there is an eBayer from Italy selling one for $125 right now

JDS

In a recent "only ONE deck" thread, I chose the Jacques Vieville as the one deck I would keep if I could keep only one.

And that's a bit odd. I tend to love the TdM decks, and while the Vieville is obviously related in most of its cards to the TdM, there are also several cards that seem more related to the Bologna Tarot, and some of his design choices are just plain odd.

With you 100% on this one.

Fortunately a choice we don't have to make.