"BRuT" A Modern Tarot by Uusi

starlightexp

Love the fresh take on the classic deck. I just had to order a few of the playing card decks they look stunning!!! You know there is a long running tarot meet up called Second Sunday Tarot in the area there.

Uusi

I really love the colors and art style of these cards! This will definitely be going on my wishlist to add to my collection. (The color palette reminds me of my favorite court cards of the Tarocchi di Alan, but I may love the bold style of your drawings even more.)

I have a few of your playing card decks (Bohemia & Royal Optik), and think they're a very high quality production and are beautifully done. I look forward to more decks from Uusi, especially if you're delving into the tarot arena. Thanks for giving us a sneak peek, and I hope you'll stop by to show us more cards as work on the deck progresses.

I love that you have some of our playing card decks, kallipoe! Bohemia is one of my favorite Uusi decks and your enthusiasm for our entering the tarot arena is wonderful to hear. We have wanted to do a tarot for quite some time and are thrilled to finally be getting the chance. We will definitely be sharing more images in the month ahead and are thrilled with the response so far. And it is beyond flattering that you may prefer our BRuT deck over the beautiful tarocchi di alan :D

Uusi

Love the fresh take on the classic deck. I just had to order a few of the playing card decks they look stunning!!! You know there is a long running tarot meet up called Second Sunday Tarot in the area there.

Oh my gosh, really?! I have to go!! Thank you for that awesome tip, your compliment on our playing card decks and for your order with Uusi – can't wait for you to get the cards :D

karen0205

Hi Karen – good to hear from you! And yes, we would love to do a strictly divination Tarot someday, but we wanted to start with the game-playing Tarot, as we are big history buffs and the game-playing deck preceded the divination Tarot for centuries. This did not stop it from also being used as a fortune telling deck –*numerology and symbolic imagery have been an irresistible combination for thousands of years – but not until the early 1900's did Tarot really move more into the occult formats and beautiful decks like the RWS helped take it into mainstream popular culture. With "BRuT" we wanted to reunite the world of games and mysticism (our trumps all follow the RWS & Marseille divination themes) and give a modern twist to an awesome tradition.
That would be really nice if you did a deck for divination. I love the colors and style of the art. It's got a warm feel. Thanks!

nicky

Oh my gosh, really?! I have to go!! Thank you for that awesome tip, your compliment on our playing card decks and for your order with Uusi – can't wait for you to get the cards :D

starlightexp is such an enabler LOL I bought the Hotcakes :)

Do come to Second Sunday Tarot - we are a harmless group of addicts !

nicky

Chrystella

I think it's beautiful and I'd never heard of Uusi before so I'm glad to discover it. I'll be picking up this new tarot along with the Pagan playing cards, which are beautiful.

AJ

Are the man and lion on the strength card wrestling or screwing? I can't see strength as unambiguous...yet to me it is.

Uusi

starlightexp is such an enabler LOL I bought the Hotcakes :)

Do come to Second Sunday Tarot - we are a harmless group of addicts !

nicky

You sound like just our kind of people ;) When and where does it meet, Nicky? And love that you picked up the 'Cakes! They're a cheeky group of royals.

Uusi

I think it's beautiful and I'd never heard of Uusi before so I'm glad to discover it. I'll be picking up this new tarot along with the Pagan playing cards, which are beautiful.

Thank you, Chrystella! Pagan is a very special deck for us. If we ever did a divination Tarot I think we'd consider using paintings like the ones in Pagan for it.

Obsydian

Usually that's not my style of deck but I feel drawn to the look of them!
I didn't read very thoroughly through the thread so I'm wondering, will they be the size of playing cards?