$25,000 Tarot of Marseilles for sale

gregory

That is one heck of a reduction - a few weeks ago it was up for £20,000.....

A bargain, then, I think ! :D

Papageno

that's a real eye opener Adam :laugh: thanks for the heads-up.

I'll pass.

perhaps this is more to your liking?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6712015.stm

pop into Damien Hirst’s London gallery, White Cube when you get a moment.
Bentley & Skinner, the Mayfair jewelers, made the skull

asking price: £50m

:laugh:

Attachments

• 07.06.13.hirst.190.jpg
    07.06.13.hirst.190.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 239

Aulruna

Anyone interested in buying my grandmother...

wytchwood

That skull is beautiful!

gregory

Isn't it though ???? And there was an even better MASSIVE one by Subodh Gupta - it's in France somewhere. (ed: yes - here - it's called Very Hungry God. I didn't know that :eek:

Art isn't the same as embroidery(OK tapestry makers, now hit me - but you know what I mean - this deck isn't original; it is like sewing from a pattern ! Lots of work, but - well, big deal.....)

Papageno

it's so outrageous LOL :laugh:

for $25K, that tarot deck had best be something to rival the Visconti, nay exceed it in beauty and mastery and be truly haunted.
it would be in mint condition because it was enchanted and untouched by time and possess extraordinary and frightening powers.
it woud be catalogued in ancient tomes hidden away in the Vatican vaults as a Forbidden Relic.
The Wise would tremble in fear upon hearing it's un-mentionable Name.
It would be the One Tarot to rule them all.
You will have power lunches with }) The Dark Lord }) and negotiate movie and merchandising rights, it will reap obscene millions in net profit, nay, billions.

LMAO!!! :laugh:
bwhaaaaaa ha ha ha

(at the very least you would win every round on the "Identify this card game #5" thread and fill in all the gaps in your collection.........and all would despair......naturally)

ROFLMAO

Rhiannon

How on earth (or any other planet) would one even USE that deck? At least with the Hungry God you can use it to frighten small children... ;)

HearthCricket

Wow....way too expensive, but what a lovely deck for any collector or someone who has a museum of tarot decks! I feel for the person who made this. It was obviously a lot of work and probably the only deck of its kind, but who is going to dish out that kind of money for something that would be ruined the minute a ring catches in it, or a stain gets on it. This is definitely a museum piece or for a millionaire's collection!

Papageno

actually it's not unique at all.

there's the Ingerid Blakstad Tarot and the Tapestry Tarot which are original concepts and far more interesting.

this seller just has a lotta nerve LOL