Graven Images Oracle (Soon To Be Published!)

darwinia

[first post deleted by author but left in place to keep the author name of the thread.]

Unknownspirit

It does look like a great deck...
Now I want it too!

December Fairy

I have not found that one before. I'm glad you posted this. I love those cards too.

Did you send them an email to ask about the cards? Maybe they may self publish at some point?

gravenimages

Thank You!

I'm sorry that this took me forever to post, but I wanted to thank Darwinia, December Fairy and Unknown Spirit for their kind words on our deck. I can't tell you how much it means to both Kat and myself.

A little background--this project started off as a Cemetery Tarot Deck (majors+obelisks for swords, urns for cups, etc.), but as we looked at the photographs, we found that we were able to derive interpretations from the images without doing anything to them.

We're hoping to have something definative in terms of publishing in the next couple of months (sorry I can't be more specific yet!) but we had always considered doing it ourselves if we couldn't find anything else. In the immediate future, I will be revamping the website within the next month and later this year will be adding a reading generator--then everyone can see more of the images. Please visit the website and/or send me a message or email me and I can add you to our mailing list and answer any questions (or try to!). I apologize in advance for the length of time it takes for me to answer emails (please bear with me, I have three kids!), but I do answer everything I get.

Thanks again! Bright Blessings Natalie

gravenimages

We tried to narrow it down to images that we knew that everyone had access to--this was difficult. But I agree, that when it comes to tombstones, you really don't have to do alot--nature and environment do so much. There's also alot of serendipity--being at the right place at the right time. There was one day where I was wandering in around in a cemetery that's quite close (interpret: 10 minute drive) to my house and it was misty and damp--lovely weather for ambiance in a cemetery, and I got some wonderful pictures that day.

There's another tarot that features cemetery imagery. It's called the Gothic Tarot, and its by Leila Wendell. It's Majors only and features New Orleans cemetery photography mixed with collage:

http://www.westgatenecromantic.com/tarotintro.htm

lunakasha

gravenimages said:
I'm sorry that this took me forever to post, but I wanted to thank Darwinia, December Fairy and Unknown Spirit for their kind words on our deck. I can't tell you how much it means to both Kat and myself.

This is what I was referring to in my previous post.....:)

gravenimages

Hi!

I was actually going to write to ask if there was any way that we could please move the thread back to Oracle Decks. I and my partner Kat are the creators of Graven Images Oracle, and it is a completed deck. Lunakasha is right--Darwinia started the thread pointing out several things she liked about our oracle and that she was dissapointed that it wasn't published. I posted a reply to say thanks and also to clarify some of the things that people were talking about (how we chose different images etc.). It is a great link for my website--please let me know if there's anything I can do. Thanks!!!

Natalie

Unknownspirit

Ok, now back to the deck.
gravenimages, do you have any idea how much this deck might cost?
I need to know if I need to start putting money away for it.

gravenimages

Oooo--I don't really know what the cost of the deck will be at this point--I guess that would depend on production and printing. I can tell you that the deck (71 cards) will come with a book of traditional and interpretive meanings and sample layouts. Of course I can't be 100% on this, but I don't think that it wouldn't be any more expensive than other Oracles I've seen out there--does that make sense? The last Oracle I bought was the Well Worn Path and that was what--$20-$25? and it came with a book, a deck of 40 cards and a little pouch to put the cards in.

Nat:)

Elven

Will it be availble from you 'gravenimages' or through a distributor?

Blessings
Elven x