Coming out of the closet... and I need your help

Which back for my deck?

• Total voters

fairyhedgehog

7 is lovely, but 1 makes a better contrast with the front of the cards so I voted for that one.

Very nice work!

lark

I liked #1 and #5...5 reminded me of the Hangnman for some reason.
I love the abstracts though...hey try a spiral.

memries

I voted for the butterflies because I would never get tired of looking at them and they are not boring ever ! Also the color and the definition.. you just know it is the back of the cards ! I find the abstracts on some decks look so unattractive if they do not suit your idea of what is nice. It should be a pleasure to get out your cards and if the backs do not appeal to you then the cards are less beautiful than they could be.

P.S. Put my name in for a deck. I don't care what price ! SOLD

huredriel

Simone said:
Um - pre-orders? I haven't thought of it yet... how does that work?
It means I'm first in line :D :p

Love the abstract one!!!

Phoenix Rising

Beautiful Simone.....although I was expecting a representation of the "4 seasons" on the back...but in quarters. I particularly like NO 1

PR

Simone

thank you, fairyhedehog!

lark - a spiral, eh? I'll see what I can do!

Michelle, Annabelle was first in line then ;) she said 2 decks... (I actually have started writing down names! memries, I have seen yours too)

Luce, a four seasons back? won't be reversal compatible, but I'll see what I can come up with later!

so - draft backs to do:

- abstracted snails
- spiral
- four seasons (maybe faded)
- mosaik pattern but reversal compatible...

Okay, in the meantime, here are another few teasers then for the fronts: ;)

Card nr 2 - Purity (Spring)

Card nr 9 - Wound (Spring)

Card nr 26 - Haunting (Summer) (this one might change name still - suggestions?)

Card nr 36 - Thunderstorm (summer)

Simone

Back to the backs - I have played a little:

Found soemthing that is not exactly a spiral, but I like it:

abstract

Fiddled around with the snails:

snails

And found a way to integrate mosaik pattern, reversability, 4 seasons theme AND transparency:

seasons

What you think?

(in the end I can only chose one, btw ;) )

Sophie

I voted for number 4, hands down. Most are interesting, but nr 4 does everything for me - makes me feel so alive and tender, and joyous, and about to flourish...

I don't like nr 1 much, however - I find it too busy.

Well done, Simone. It's a captivating deck :)

lark

OOOH now I really like your re-vamped snail.
Kind of a thumps up to Pixie Smith and the 9 of pents feeling to it.
I love the colors on it soft and gentle.
I like number 1 much better that way too.

Haunted I also love, don't change it...yesterday I was sitting in my hanging chair under the oak tree and I was observing how the light is changing, and the leaves look raggy and used on the tree from many days of wind and rain.
The light was falling in just such a way that I thought ..how hauntingly beautiful and sad, soon they'll fall and it will be winter again...
So Haunted is a good name for a card I think.

yup the snail is now my favorite!

AngelC

Yes, another one for the new snails here, they look great.
Colours are softer than the front side of the cards, they look almost drawn, yet real enough to match the rest of the deck.
:D