21 Ways To Read A Tarot Card -- step TWO

Onion Budgie

21 Ways: Step Two

Step TWO: Radiant Rider-Waite, Six of Cups

I am a guard here, and I defend the town walls. The uniform I wear is simple, grey, quite unprotected by any armour. If the town should be attacked, all I have is this long spear to protect our people. I may or may not run. I may or may not be a coward. I just passed two small townspeople on the green. They are surrounded by golden cups! Whatever can they be up to. I don't believe it can be anything suspicious. The boy is handing the woman one of the cups. It has a white flower inside it. I don't like flowers. She seems happy enough, at any rate. Is she his mother? Older sister? Neighbour? Well, it's none of my business. I have a town wall to guard, to keep out the rabble. It is a pleasant day today, barely any clouds at all, no rain. My feet ache.

america220

Step Two: Rider Tarot, Chariot.

I stand in my chariot, spear in hand. I may be going into battle, since I am wearing my crown and armor for all to see. We have just crossed a river, and the sphinxes lay down to rest. One male, one female. The first black, the second white. They are good partners. The city is far behind me, and I am ready for my new adventure.

Hooked on TdM

21 Ways To Read Tarot
Step Two
Apprentice
Reine DeDenier
August 4, 2014

1. Woman seated and facing left. She wears a robe of red. It has a high green collar with yellow edging. She has a three banded yellow tie around the waist. Her inner forearm sleeves are yellow. The upper sleeves are long and flow to the ground. The upper shoulders are blue. On the left arm, the outside is red, and the inside is green and the bottom is edged with yellow. On the right arm the inside is green and the outside is flesh. Beneath her left hand her robe is light blue with two panels of flesh, leading to a dark blue bottom. On her right side of her robe, a small portion is green and the rest is red and the bottom is edged with yellow. She has white hands and a white face. Her face is side profile only with one large expressive eye open. Her hair is yellow and neatly pulled back beneath her hat. Her hat is in the shape of a sideways bowl. Closest to her hair, it’s the largest section. It’s light blue with diamond crosshatching. Each diamond has a dot in it. The outside band is red with three sections. Coming off the outside section is two egg shapes. The top one is sitting midway and the bottom egg is on the bottom. Each one is black with yellow shapes. Her right arm is held up and her hand is open below a single coin. The coin is yellow. It has black in the background around flower like decorations. Black separates each section of the coin. The outside is solid yellow, the second section is a flower pattern, the third section is solid yellow and the fourth section is a small flower pattern with a red center. In her left hand she holds a yellow sceptre that extends over her shoulder. It is long and narrow. The top has a triangular shape with a yellow round shape at its tip. She sits in curved chair. The inside is blue, the outside edge is yellow and the outside back is white. The flooring that can be seen beneath her is white.

2. I am seated and facing left. I wear a robe of red. It has a high green collar with yellow edging. I have a three banded yellow tie around the waist. My inner forearm sleeves are yellow. The upper sleeves are long and flow to the ground. The upper shoulders are blue. On my left arm, the outside is red, and the inside is green and the bottom is edged with yellow. On my right arm the inside is green and the outside is flesh. Beneath my left hand my robe is light blue with two panels of flesh, leading to a dark blue bottom. On my right side of my robe, a small portion is green and the rest is red and the bottom is edged with yellow. My hands are white and I have a white face. My face is side profile only with one large expressive eye open. My hair is yellow and neatly pulled back beneath my hat. My hat is in the shape of a sideways bowl. Closest to my hair, it’s the largest section. It’s light blue with diamond crosshatching. Each diamond has a dot in it. The outside band is red with three sections. Coming off the outside section is two egg shapes. The top one is sitting midway and the bottom egg is on the bottom. Each one is black with yellow shapes. My right arm is held up and my hand is open below a single coin. The coin is yellow. It has black in the background around flower like decorations. Black separates each section of the coin. The outside is solid yellow, the second section is a flower pattern, the third section is solid yellow and the fourth section is a small flower pattern with a red center. In my left hand I hold a yellow sceptre that extends over my shoulder. It is long and narrow. The top has a triangular shape with a yellow round shape at its tip. I sit in curved chair. The inside is blue, the outside edge is yellow and the outside back is white. The flooring that can be seen beneath me is white.

Lumi

STEP TWO: Hanged Man Raider-Waite Deck

I am hanging upside down....there's nothing I can do but wait. Wait and watch. Or is there? Are my hands tied behind my back or not? I don't seem to care. I do not struggle, I do not dare. :) I know I'm only hanging by one foot and if I were to fight maybe I could get free...but then I might fall on my head and that would hurt. Besides I appreciate my head, all full of thoughts and light. In fact it's kind of nice here with no one to bother me. No one is around, nothing going on...just me and my thoughts. Hangin' out. I see you, you see me. Of course everything appears upside down...let's not forget that...probably the most important element of my card. I think I'm awfully composed to be strung up on a tree of sorts...helpless. Im beginning to see that the world upside down is rather interesting. I'm gaining some perspectives I didn't really have before so really I'm in no hurry to get down from here.

Hooked on TdM

August 18th, 2014
Tarot of the Cat People
8 of Cups

1. A man walks to the right but looks over his shoulder behind him. He wears his thick, dark hair up in a pony tail. He wears a gold circlet around his hair. He has large silver disks with white round centers for earrings. He has a black tunic on, grey pants tucked into brown boots with two silver buckles. He wears an orange spotted cat fur overtop his clothes. It goes across one shoulder and is belted around his waist with a thick gold belt made of rectangles. To his left walks a black housecat. It walks straight with its head down and ears tipped forward. They are both on a rounded dune. The cat’s dune is in shadow and the man’s dune is lit with a gentle light. Below their dunes is another rounded dune in the light. It has 8 cups on it. 7 of the cups are on their sides and empty. One cup remains upright and the contents or lack thereof are hidden. All the cups are made of gold with oval insets around the cups. The light seems to come from the right side of the card and fades into shadow on the left. There is a brighter patch of light in a circle around the man’s position.

2. I walk to the right but look over my shoulder behind me. I wear my thick, dark hair up in a pony tail. I wear a gold circlet around my hair. I have large silver disks with white round centers for earrings. I have a black tunic on, grey pants tucked into brown boots with two silver buckles. I wear an orange spotted cat fur overtop my clothes. It goes across one shoulder and is belted around my waist with a thick gold belt made of rectangles. To my left walks a black housecat. It walks straight with its head down and ears tipped forward. We are both on a rounded dune. The cat’s dune is in shadow and my dune is lit with a gentle light. Below our dunes is another rounded dune in the light. It has 8 cups on it. 7 of the cups are on their sides and empty. One cup remains upright and the contents or lack thereof are hidden. All the cups are made of gold with oval insets around the cups. The light seems to come from the right side of the card and fades into shadow on the left. There is a brighter patch of light in a circle around my position.

DarkYarns

21 Ways: Step Two

Step Two: Illuminated Tarot, Eight of Cups

1. In the Illuminated Tarot, the foreground of the eight of cups shows eight cups stacked in two rows. There are five cups in the bottom row, and three cups on the top row. There is a gap in the top row, where symmetry says another cup should be. The cups are on one side of a river or stream. On the other side, a person holding a walking stick is turned away and seems to be walking away from the cups, toward a landscape of high hills or mountains. In this deck, the feet and legs of the person fill the gap where the cup seems to be missing. A combination moon/sun (?) is overhead, but does not provide much illumination in the dark blue sky. The card is dominated by greens, blues, and purples. The foreground is lighter and brighter than the background and it's hard to tell if it's day or night.

2. I walk on green grass beside a lake. I am heading toward high mountains. Ahead of me are dark hills and mountains. I am dressed in purple pants and a tunic and boots. I have a walking stick in my hand. Behind me is a small stream or river. On the other side of the river are eight cups stacked in two rows - five on the bottom, and three on the top. The sky is very dark. A full moon (I think) hangs overhead in the sky and provides some illumination in the dark landscape.

cardwitch

Step TWO - Pierre Madenie Tarot de Marseille, La Lune

I step into a baffling scene.

The first thing I hear is the barking. Two dogs, snarling and slavering at the sky, yelping as though they're trying to outdo each other. I'm glad we're separated by a pond, small though it is. A kind of crab or lobster is starting to poke its head out of the water; hopefully it can escape the dogs.

And what is that has seized their attention? I look up, and I know I'm dreaming. For here the man in the moon is real. He smiles softly, gazing to the left, as he blazes like the sun, sending sparks of fire to the earth. No wonder the dogs are so agitated -- anyone would be.

The final thing that catches my eye is the towers. Two dogs, two towers, and for each tower, two windows, gaping blankly like eyes. On one, the door hangs open, revealing only darkness beyond. The other has steps leading to a blank wall. Incomprehensible.

I blink once, as though to banish the scene, and I wake up.

Emberlyn

Step Two: Shadowscapes Tarot, Queen of Swords

I am a beautiful woman, wearing a long, flowing, white dress. Wings decorate my back. I hold a blade in the shape of a crescent moon. Light pours out from my left hand and butterflies fly out from the light. I am standing on a hill that has been touched by twilight. There are swans and beautiful, purple calla lilies, and a button shell at my feet.The night is surrendering to the morning light around me.

pandap

21 Ways to Read Tarot: Step 2: Rider Waite The Hanged Man

I am hanging upside down from a tree. I could easily free myself, but I can't be bothered. I'm just waiting, maybe someone will come along and get me down. My head feels strange, different. Maybe it's all the blood rushing to my head. In any case, I'm quite enjoying the strange feeling and am not particularly bothered. My situation isn't that bad, I can put up with it. I'll just stay like this and see what happens.

acidrica

Step Two: Tarot of the Silicon Dawn, Five of Wands

There is a volcano behind me. I am attempting to till the earth, but the large crack in the ground makes that a bit difficult. I have two companions. One is simply standing there with a pitchfork, possibly taking a break. I pay her no mind. A figure behind me points with a stick towards something, maybe the volcano. I don't really pay attention to them. I'm not quite sure what we're planting. The picture on one of the sticks seems to indicate either flowers or lettuce. I hope it's lettuce. I'd hate to have my work go to waste on flowers.

I am shirtless, though I'm still wearing my tie. It's a fairly fancy tie. There are patterns on my body and my horns.

The volcano behind me is smoking, and some lava seems to be dripping down. I try my best to ignore it.