More curiosity...

ravenest

Ooo no .. not 'forced' ... let's say ... 'magically persuaded' ;)

Zephyros

Ooo no .. not 'forced' ... let's say ... 'magically persuaded' ;)

Which is my point, that of context. None of it works unless loaded with Thelemic doctrine (which, I didn't explain that well in my post)

Aeon418

Tertium Quid

That flip flop is what makes it so dynamic, making it almost as though both cards occupy both paths simultaneously...
That same 'flip-flop' dynamic occurs in The Book of the Law. Compare the initial verses of chapters I and II:
AL I:1 said:
Had! The manifestation of Nuit.
AL II:1 said:
Nu! the hiding of Hadit.
According to J. Daniel Gunther the different spellings in these two verses indicate an important change in perspective.

Nuit is the totality of all possibilities.
Nu is the infinite possibilities of manifestation for ones self.

Had is the core of any star. He is one objective manifestation of Nuit.
Hadit is the core of ones own star. A manifestation of Nu viewed subjectively.

These definitions make I:1 look like an expression of the Macrocosm. While II:1 is it's reflection in the Microcosm. A union between the biggest and the smallest resulting in the Child in III:1.
III:1 said:
Abrahadabra; the reward of Ra Hoor Khut.
Abrahadabra, the word of 11 letters that balances the macro 6 with the micro 5. The same word that totals 418 = Cheth = 8.
Or put another way XI = VIII. :)

(You might want your copy of Sepher Sephiroth on hand for the next bit. Sorry guys, this is going to get heavy. Let your fingers do the walking. ;))

But how does this relate to the IV - XVII swap? The Lady of the Star is by shape the Swastika - the whirling thunderbolt.
Liber Arcanorum said:
Atu 17. Transformed, the holy virgin appeared as a fluidic fire, making her beauty into a thunderbolt.
This thunderbolt is the Swastika which is the Hermetic Cross formed out of 17 squares on the magic square of Mars. The connection to Mars gives meaning to phrase "fluidic fire." 17 is also the qabalistic value of IAO, spelt in Hebrew IAV. The letter Heh, to which Atu 17 now corresponds, is qabalistically said to 'conceal' the three Mother letters, Aleph, Mem, and Shin.
A(1) + Mem(40) + Shin(300) = 341. Add that to IAO(17) and you get 358 which is Messiah(MShICh) and the Serpent (NChSh).
The same triple Heh concealing A,M,Sh, transforms the Great Name, AHIHVH, which symbolises the Union of Macrocoprosopus and Microprosopus, from 32 to 358.
In another form the thunderbolt is the Flaming Sword hurled forth from Kether to unite the 10 Sephiroth. This in turn is balanced by the Serpent of Wisdom on the 22 Paths. 10 + 22 = 32, AHIHVH. This same lightning flash is 777 and also the Pentagram.
Aleister Crowley said:
For the "Flaming Sword" is the "Pentagram unwound."
7 + 7 + 7 = 21 = XVII + IV
Liber Arcanorum said:
Atu 4. Now riseth Ra-Hoor-Khuit, and dominion is established in the Star of the Flame.

Aeon418

Abrac, you need to swap Teth and Lamed around on the Normal Ordering list. I assume that list is meant to be the Golden Dawn order? Or is it just the regular Alphabet order?