7 of swords...what does it mean to you?

jojojo

I have the universal RW and in the lwb it says "newplans, wishes, fortitude, perseverance, endeavour, hope, confidence, fantasy, partial success."

I can't see this...I thought it was all about taking something that maybe you shouldn't - or someone doing the dirty on you. The lwb makes it sound so very positive.....what is your take?

tmgrl2

When this kind of question strikes me, as it still does! I line up the other "7's" and look at them...and think about the number and then, the suit...

So think of Seven of Cups? Seven of Coins/Pentacles? Seven of Wands?

Look at all of them side by side....more will come to you this way as well.

I have several decks in a photo album with all of the numbers together so I can do this from time to time.

terri

mysticmoon

7 of Swords

To me it screams - the one that got away! ;)

astroltina

Running away from something/situation.
Leaving something behind.
A temporary situation.

... that's what i usually get with this card.

Abrac

Ahh...Seven of Swords again. This one seems to come up quite a bit.

I've wondered about this card myself, and of course my thoughts on it have evolved over time. I've read a lot of commentaries that focus in on the theft aspect, but to me there's a lot more.

Swords are typicaly associated with Air, which I associate with imagination, as opposed to intellect, which would be on a lower, watery/lunar/emotional level. Imagination creates the dream, the idea, the general goal. Intellect provides the "means whereby."

To be most effective, it's best to keep dreams a secret. Nine times out of ten if you share your fondest dreams with another person they try to squelch it; not only that, by talking about it, you dissipate energy that could be better spent in the actualization of your dream.

This fellow on the Seven of Swords seems to be hatching secret dreams. He is Jack, from Jack and the Beanstalk. The swords he carries (thoughts and ideas) probably came from the tents with open flaps in the background (the storehouses of hidden wisdom and ideas). Like Jack and his goose that lays the golden eggs, these "stolen" swords will serve him well in the future. But the swords are not really stolen, they have been given to him because of his courage and persistence. The storehouse of infinite wisdom opens its doors to the bold. He tiptoes away so as not to draw unwanted attention; he isn't interested in attention, he is interested in success.

fools fool

jojojo

Thankyou everyone for your thoughts

It was great to read what everyone else felt this card meant.

Fools fool, I can now see where the lwb is coming from, your explanation was very helpful. Recently I was told that I was a 'doubter' and that I had to believe in a certain situation. What stuck with me was 'All creation starts with a thought' - which makes complete sense, nothing actually happens without someone thinking it first.

The 7 of Swords is so 'me' at the moment. I am looking to the future, with great plans that I have kept hidden within me. I just have to believe that my thoughts, plans and wishes will come to fruition. The power of positive thinking - do not give up.

squeakmo9

7 of swords

I see it as action without thought. Someone who thinks they have all the bases covered but in fact has overlooked a couple of important points that will reappear somewhere down the line. The twisted torso indicates a bit of confusion.

aria

7 of swords

thnx for the insight fools fool...this card keeps coming up for me too but mostly in the relationship spread...sounds weird n scary...but ur insight is something i've never read before..i thot of the 7 of swords card leading to deception... it can also mean tht a cunning person may cheat u or it could be ur own trickery tht leads to ur undoing. Both these scenarios offer lessons.

star-lover

aria said:
thnx for the insight fools fool...this card keeps coming up for me too but mostly in the relationship spread...sounds weird n scary...but ur insight is something i've never read before..i thot of the 7 of swords card leading to deception... it can also mean tht a cunning person may cheat u or it could be ur own trickery tht leads to ur undoing. Both these scenarios offer lessons.

best thing for this is to calm down, and be totally honest with the other person and also with yourself
leave the mind and thoughts and planning and thinking and speak from the heart
that sorts out the 7 of swords lol