Greenie on eBay

faunabay

I just bought a Thoth deck from an amazon marketplace seller. I asked a couple of questions but still wasn't sure what I'd be getting.

Well what it turned out to be was a well broken in greenie. I love the feel of it. It's a bit faded. Some cards a bit more than others. I feel it's just got a bunch of character. It even smells like patchouli!!! :laugh:

But what is strange is the white box says it was printed in Columbia??? And the LWB is in spanish. But the title card that comes with the deck says printed in Belguim and the card titles are in english???

It's not any big deal to me either way. Just adds more character to the deck. :) And even though it's kind of strange, I'm really happy with my deck.

Double Headed Secret

I just got from eBay a green box large deck with "greenie" cards - green font, no white borders on the backs - in mint condition for 24 $

Figured I can't really afford spending around 50$ more just for the white box!

bonebeach

Man, this is the thread that broke me. I want a greenie. D:

WolfSpirit

I remember when no-one wanted a green Thoth... Everyone around here seemed to think they were 'icky' and not nice at all.

Don't times change?

That's what I thought when I saw the title of this - now old as well - thread.
People said they got nauseous from looking at them!
I would never want a green Thoth but I like crisp bright colours better anyway :)

Emily

I think it's because there are different versions of green - mine is just a green wash over the cards, which to be honest, I didn't like so much at first because it had been used and the box was splattered with red wax - then once I'd seen the normal Thoths and I couldn't believe how colourful and vibrant the artwork is. But the green does grow on you and it is still the greenie Thoth that I seem to relate to most even though I struggle to read the Thoth.

I'm not sure if I would have took to it if it had been a really bright, eye-hurting green as some of the online ones I've seen look like. But it's with just a handful of decks I love and would never get rid of.

seeker777

How much would a sealed greenie be worth these days? White box and instructions are in as new condition as well. Thanks.

Double Headed Secret

I just can't stand those white borders on the backs and the copyright!

The Happy Squirrel

Some people are asking crazy prices for them. Although the market price for anything is whatever the market is willing to pay for, I think anything above $70 (US) is ridiculous.

Be careful with sellers emphasising photos of boxes and printed editions or ISBN on boxes. The listing has a title indicating a particular edition but the actual cards themselves may not be what the box says. I noticed a few doesn't have the deck associated with the edition stated on the box the deck comes in.

gregory

There are several up there right how, now that you mention it !

Alta

I wonder about the colour palette you see as well. As commented further up, the range of green-ness possible is large. I have one that is heavily green and another that is sort of a light wash of green. Trouble with eBay is you get the colour tones of their camera or scanner, the tones eBay uses, your own monitor. argh.