Will this work?

page of wands

I'm new to tarot. I was wondering if this could work.

So I shuffle the deck 3 times.

Draw the top of the deck and use that for Work.

Next, love.

3rd. finances

4th. health

5th. spirituality

Or should I shuffle 3 times for each one. Like shuffle then choose love. Shuffle then choose finances. Etc.

This would be for myself. Do you think this would work out? Is there something I would be doing wrong. Thank you in advance.

headincloud

No need to shuffle in-between, it's fine to just deal.

page of wands

No need to shuffle in-between, it's fine to just deal.

Alright, thank you. Why do people shuffle? Is it when you haven't been using the deck? Or in between readings?

brightbrook

Alright, thank you. Why do people shuffle? Is it when you haven't been using the deck? Or in between readings?

Shuffling clears the deck from the previous reading, so it is good to do after a reading. More importantly it energizes the cards with your question and orders the cards for the reading you are about to do. It is good to be focusing your mind on the question or concern that you have while you are Shuffling.

I would think about asking instead of just "work" "love" etc, something more specific, such as, what is going on with "work" "love" etc right now OR what changes can I expect in "work" "love" etc in the next 6 months OR how can I improve my experience of "work" "love" etc. What you propose to do absolutely will work, but I have found that the more specific the question the easier it is to read the cards.

"Work" "love" etc actually are the positions in the layout, which is why you don't have to shuffle between them.

page of wands

Shuffling clears the deck from the previous reading, so it is good to do after a reading. More importantly it energizes the cards with your question and orders the cards for the reading you are about to do. It is good to be focusing your mind on the question or concern that you have while you are Shuffling.

I would think about asking instead of just "work" "love" etc, something more specific, such as, what is going on with "work" "love" etc right now OR what changes can I expect in "work" "love" etc in the next 6 months OR how can I improve my experience of "work" "love" etc. What you propose to do absolutely will work, but I have found that the more specific the question the easier it is to read the cards.

"Work" "love" etc actually are the positions in the layout, which is why you don't have to shuffle between them.

Thanks! I posted the results of my spread. If you want to see. Maybe you can see something I didn't see.