Bohemian Cats: the Hermes card?

Padma

As far as I know, yes. Certainly only my first edition (I have all three) has it - but possibly some LE versions still had it ?

Thanks, Gregory :) - that's what I figured. I'm happy with my Fortune Teller card.

Rhinemaiden

Thanks for your encouragement, rhinemaiden

Just wondering as you mentioned you do your own readings everyday. Do you ask something new every time? Someone once told me the cards might get influenced by our own desires and hopes and therefore it's always better to get someone else to read for you. Sigh. Yes, I always doubt my own reading

Noob... I do a 3 card "past/present/future" draw every morning... and use my comp decks for the "present" card only... I don't "ask" anything, I let the cards "tell" me... does that make sense?

gregory

I feel like buying Deviant Art because the artwork appeals to me yet I am not sure if the energies are good for me.
I don't find it makes for any problems at all. If it appeals to you - try it.

Does spreading myself over a few decks mean i bond less with each deck? Someone once told me that i should try to stick to just one set so i bond with it.
I have well over 2000 decks. I have no problems with bonding. When I want to read, I use a deck that I feel will be right for me that day. It hasn't failed me yet.

ETA I absolutely do NOT read every day. I control my life; I turn to the cards for advice when I need it. And I ask someone else to read for me - I would rather have a reading from someone who isn't in any way involved.

Noob

I don't find it makes for any problems at all. If it appeals to you - try it.

I have well over 2000 decks. I have no problems with bonding. When I want to read, I use a deck that I feel will be right for me that day. It hasn't failed me yet.

ETA I absolutely do NOT read every day. I control my life; I turn to the cards for advice when I need it. And I ask someone else to read for me - I would rather have a reading from someone who isn't in any way involved.

Thanks for your input, Gregory.

Do you have Il Gatti deck?

Rhinemaiden

Il Gatti?

Noob, are you refering to the Meneghello deck? There are 2 Meneghello cat decks (they are black and white majors ONLY)... both were printed in 1990 in numbered limited editions of 2000 each.

I Gatti Buffi is the more humorous of the two, cards measure 3-3/8 inches wide by 4-7/8 inches deep. Stock is cardboard with square corners.

http://www.arnellart.com/osvaldo/taro-th-funny-cats.htm

Gatti is more serious. Cards measure 1-7/8 inches wide by 2-7/8 inches deep. Stock is cardboard with square corners.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/gatti/

Both decks come in ribbon-tied slipcases. I own both and love them for the art (and because I love cats.)

Noob

oohmigod rhinemaiden and gregory, thanks for sharing

all these cat decks are soo beautiful. Now i can't decide which one to get. ARGH.

It seems the Gatti decks are really priced very high on some websites, for example Amazon. But less so on arnello website. I am wondering if that's a trustworthy website.

Is it ok to read with just major arcana cards?

gregory

Yes it's fine reading with just majors if you like.

And Arnell's website is UTTERLY safe. We are talking Arnell Ando - a well known deck creator.

The decks are also available on alida.com for what I would call reasonable prices - less than are shown on Arnell's site actually

NEVER trust amazon third-party prices ;)