Tarot Decoratif

CharlotteK

I wish I could cave, shipping is quite high on decks from the states to Europe, I'm waiting on the mass market, I'm on a self imposed buying ban until it comes out.
I'm focusing on updating my tarot book library for now.
Shipping is horrendous. I could easily buy another two decks locally for the price of the shipping alone. I'm lucky though, I've just had a small inheritance come my way so that's made the decision a lot easier. Good news there will be a mass market version Beanfeasa, at least you know one day it'll be in your hands!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Le Fanu

....have already publicly announced that this deck will be released in some form and at some point by US Games. But that only happens a couple of years after my special editions are sold out, and when that standard edition is released there are enough differences between the two versions to justify a price difference, from size of the cards, personal signatures, themed bags, extended PDF companion documents etc etc.
I didn't know that. Now that makes a difference. One can't be in all places at all times and so often I miss announcements, but that has made a difference now I know there will be a mass market version. Interesting the deck I most connect with of yours - The Gilded Royale - was the one that never made it into a mass market edition. I shall definitely get this when it comes out and work more closely with it. I can wait.

cirom

Interesting the deck I most connect with of yours - The Gilded Royale - was the one that never made it into a mass market edition.

For legal contractual reasons unfortunately.

earthair

Question for Ciro-
As well as the TdM influence, I can't help wondering...
What do you think of the Myers Art Nouveau and the Scapini Vetrate tarots?
Were they an inspiration or have you not seen them?

Barleywine

Question for Ciro-

Interesting question. I took a look at scans of the two decks but decided I'll stick with my original impression (posted in another thread on this deck) that the backgrounds look like more "well-mannered" versions of some of the background graphics in the Thoth minors (especially the Swords). A while back I went looking for a connection between Frank Lloyd Wright and Synthetic Projective Geometry but didn't find one.

Lee

Question for Ciro-
I can't speak for Ciro, but from my own perspective as someone who spent many, many hours discussing the Tarot Decoratif with Ciro during the period of its creation, those two decks were never mentioned and I doubt very much that Ciro has seen them other than perhaps in passing. I also doubt very much that Ciro consulted the Thoth deck for inspiration either.

cirom

Question for Ciro-

To be honest i wasn't aware of either of them. Just looked them up now in fact, and i understand why you asked. I also quite like them. But there are no doubt numerous decks out there that incorporate stained glass and and certainly art nouveau style and themes. But they were not my source of reference or inspiration on this project.