All about card stock!

CharlotteK

Tarot of Trees 3rd edition. Worst. Cardstock. Ever. It's horrendous. The corners were delaminating out of the box. After four uses it had chipped horribly. I've just edged the entire deck with a black sharpie and it looks better. But this is truly the worst quality stock I've seen by a very significant margin in all the 60+ decks I have. Shame as it's a good reader and has lovely artwork.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Mythtaken

My favorites are The Wild Unknown 2nd ed., Touchstone and Khara Scott-Bey's Spiral Spirit tarot.

The Spiral Spirit tarot is the thickest card stock I have, thin cardboard, really. Not one to riffle shuffle, but still a lovely deck. I like the handmade feel of it.

Madrigal

Pagan Otherworlds shuffles beautifully, feels good in the hand and looks lovely, the stock not just the cards. You can see the tiny linen lines if you look close.

Off the top of my head, Tarot of Transformation has terrible stock. Super thin, flimsy, general blah. And oddly my copy of Baba's Victorian Flower Oracle is pretty bad, too. I was so surprised when I got it as other decks of theirs I have are on great stock.

lantana

The last deck I got, The Slow Holler Tarot, was the first time I felt disapointed with card stock. I never really care about it before, I'm not a deck collector so I only have a few. But this deck, despite the fact that I love it and find it gorgeous and interesting, is a bit a decception regarding the material used. But even now, knowing the cardstock of this deck, I would buy it again anyway.

Yes, yes, I agree. I think for me it's because I KNOW I'm gonna use it for years, and that makes me paranoid about the cards wearing down or peeling. The Wild Unknown feels like it could survive a decade in comparison.